Problem installing apps

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by razorseal, Sep 22, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had launcherpro give me problems while tryign to install... not sure what the problem was. I couldn't even restore it from ti backup!

now, dropbox won't update and also the new Gmail

what's going on?

dropbox keeps saying download unsucessful
    gmail says package isn't properly signed or something
  2. kruizin

kruizin Addicted to ROM Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey razor!

I dunno about the launcher pro or dropbox problems your having. But I had trouble with the new gmail as well.

To fix it, I used root explorer to go into system/apps and deleted the gmail.apk file. I rebooted, them re-downloaded the new gmail app from the market and all went well.

As a side note, thanks to the dev of Project Elite, it's excellent!

-kruiz
  3. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's def the smoothest running app for me so far, just lots of little annoying bugs =/
  4. kruizin

kruizin Addicted to ROM Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, it's way smooth & responsive.

I haven't tried launcher pro with it yet and may not. ADW has worked very well for me and I don't seem to get the screen redraws I was getting with launcher pro. Of course, this is just my opinion and our MMV.

I'd be interested to know if you were able to get the gmail app working though? If you don't have root explorer I'm sure you can manually remove that .apk from your phone using a terminal emulator and some commands that I'm not familiar with! :icon_eek: :)
  5. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i think razor's questions about the system apps have been addressed in the main thread. however, i did want to post about the LP lag/redraw issue. i have had this issue in the past, as well. but, then i stumbled across samsonite801's signature, and here is what it says:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

after i input this, my lag/redraw issues for LP just disappeared!! supposedly, there are some other fixes discussed in the launcherpro.com forums, so you can check those out as well.
  6. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been lucky with the redraw on this ROM. but I can't install some non system apps like dropbox... it's not letting me install it from the market or update it
  7. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    everyone, everywhere, on every rom, has been having problems installing drop box. i don't know if it was an app issue or a mkt issue. maybe try later on, and hopefully they have it resolved...
  8. House_of_Snipes

House_of_Snipes Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i installed dropbox just fine?
  9. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had problems installing google voice. I just cleared data on the market app and then everything worked :). try doing that
Search tags for this page

droid x not letting me install apks

having problems installing apps on my droid razr m

problems installing airwatch on droid phones