Problem installing APP has to do when choosing Internal or External

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kzmania, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kzmania

kzmania New Member

Hey guys, before I install 0.5 I had the exact same problem. After using for a while, I am unable to install app when location set to External. But when choosing Internal, I can but I can't move app to SD. Anyway, I installed 0.5 and it solved all the problem. I was able to install Angry Bird and such which I couldn't do before. Now it starts to act up that way again. I have to go back and forth switching internal and external every time when I install app. Also some of the app were not able to install. I don't know if is it because of my sd card has some issue or something. Do you know how to fix this? Any body else experiencing the same problem?
  2. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

Sometimes certain apps I find I can't install if I have it set to automatically install to SD card. This doesn't surprise me, but I don't have details on exactly why. Usually it's widgets or large programs, but I really don't pay attention to which ones do it specifically.

The solution is to use automatic settings (so it decides based on what the .apk says in the file) or just internal only. I then usually run the script to install all files to SD and move them over within settings>manage applications.

This isn't a suggestion to anyone because not every program runs as well on the SD card as it would on internal, just most of them. But anyway that's what I do because I don't care if my widgets break. I avoid widgets because I want as much internal memory as I can have. Maybe I should look into compcache..?? Anyway hope that helps/ (or) confirms what you were thinking.
  3. kzmania

kzmania New Member

Thanks a lot. I realize some of them don't install without Auto setting but suddenly this just starts to happen. I couldn't even install any single program with External set. This happened to 0.4 too after using for a while. I don't know if I need to clean my SD card or something. I don't know if there are any error in there. Still I can't install Angry bird no matter whichever way I try :( I'm sad.
  4. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

I'm not sure if you ever fixed this issue. My advice is to back everything up to SD card using Titanium Backup. Backup Data and App for each program.

Then uninstall everything and install things either A) as you need them or B) a minimal amount of apps that you are guaranteed to use once within a few days, and only install the others after that (as you need them). That will free up some space on your phone for a while. If you are still having this issue, and cannot reinstall the apps that you uninstalled, then you now have a backup of them because you don't uninstall them without backing them up. Then do a Nandroid/Clockwork mod backup of your entire ROM. Download the latest version of your ROM again and reinstall it after wiping data/cache and then follow the steps above for reinstalling programs.

I know it's not a real fix for your phone, but sometimes it's better to just start fresh again and not stress yourself out with trouble shooting the phone. +1 for Less Stress!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
  5. kzmania

kzmania New Member

Thank you so much for your time to write all these helps. I'll definitely give a try. Thanks again.