Problem going to Gingerbread

smurphy923

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I was thinking it was about time to finally go to gingerbread but i keep on running into a problem. Everytime I am clicking on apply update in the recovery mode I get a error after loading for about 20 seconds that says.

status 7
E: problem loading /recovery/cache/command
E: problem loading /recovery/cache/caller

I had it rooted and it did the same thing and then unrooted it and it as well did the same thing.
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

OP
S

smurphy923

Reaction score
Does noone really have a clue on what's going on. I really want gingerbread and I would like some help.. please help me aha

Thanks

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

chaihg

Reaction score
The problem is with rooting. U will need to first flash sbf, then update using the two files I have given in this forum. Only then will you be able to flash the gingerbread update.zip. remember don't root anytime till you reach GB. Let me know if you have problems.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

kapilthio

Reaction score
First SBF to Version 2.26.20 -> Update to 2.26.60 (Available OTA) -> Update to 3.8.7 (Available OTA) -> Finally Update to 4.6.4 (Gingerbread 2.3.3). You must be having 3.8.7 to install 4.6.4. Also perform Cache wipe & Restore factory settings after updating 3.8.7 & 4.6.4.

There is no need to root to install Verizon / Motorola official updates.

Error 7 can be due to many reasons. Like File Attributes, modified build.prop.

OP
S

smurphy923

Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate it. but i cannot find the update file 3.8.7(OTA) but i have the 4.6.4. The thread with [2.26 and 3.8.7] does not have a dl link in it.

OP
S

smurphy923

Reaction score
Okay I just did everything and put it back to 2.26 and then got 3.87 and tried to flash it through the stock recovery and i got the same error message.

chaihg

Reaction score
Okay I just did everything and put it back to 2.26 and then got 3.87 and tried to flash it through the stock recovery and i got the same error message.

Follow this step by step:
1. Flash sbf
2. Rename 2.26 update zip file to update.zip and put in on the root of your sd card. Go to stock recovery and flash.
3. Reboot. Now rename 3.8.7 zip file to update.zip and put on root of sd card. Recovery and flash.
4. Reboot. Now rename Gingerbread zip file to update.zip and put on root of sd card. Recovery and flash.

There is no way that you can mess up with this simple protocol.

OP
S

smurphy923

Reaction score
Finally... thank you so much chaihg i really appreciate the patience and the help.