Problem Going to 4.5.602

milski65

Reaction score
And you're stuck at the red m now? Have you tried a battery pull or recovery? Don't think it'll work but it's worth a shot.

milski65

Reaction score
It seems the way to install is different for folks. Some work one way, some another. Format system, data, cache and dalvik before mounting. Some wipe before mounting and flashing. It does appear to be phone specific related.

OP
c_m_chance

c_m_chance

Reaction score
DAMN! Something worked! It rebooted this time. After this little set up deal I'm gonna verify the new radio. What cuebask said above is exactly what I did. I think my error was the "mount /system" part. I hadn't been doing that before.

I'm definitely going to have to start setting up everything all over again though. I don't have a backup of my theme and all that now. :eek:/ Got erased in the chaos of this process lol

...waiting for this set up/activation to finish...

Yup! Baseband is .13P! Good to go!

Now the excitement of downloading all my apps and everything again for the next few hours! YAY! (sarcasm. definite sarcasm)

ekf028

Reaction score
DAMN! Something worked! It rebooted this time. After this little set up deal I'm gonna verify the new radio. What cuebask said above is exactly what I did. I think my error was the "mount /system" part. I hadn't been doing that before.

I'm definitely going to have to start setting up everything all over again though. I don't have a backup of my theme and all that now. :eek:/ Got erased in the chaos of this process lol

...waiting for this set up/activation to finish...

Yup! Baseband is .13P! Good to go!

Now the excitement of downloading all my apps and everything again for the next few hours! YAY! (sarcasm. definite sarcasm)

Would be easier to do an advanced restore of data from 596!
I agree. This update was a pain in the *mod censor*. It almost made me want to quit flashing altogether lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bonos

Reaction score
Where did you get .602 from? I have been searching for it and cannot seem to find it.

Reaction score
In the thread the .602 version is posted in, people are reporting that it does not have root. FYI.

EDIT: P3 updated the post. Now it has root.

Last edited:

dweezle

Reaction score
Ok. Well I've done that.

I've also already rooted, did a back up with Droid 2 bootstrapper (this is a Droid X though) and have applied the .602 update from the SD card. It says it had installed, but when I try and reboot, it gets stuck on the Red Motorola logo screen.

Any suggestions from here? lol

That's exactly what happened to me. Stuck on the red Moto logo. I also factory reset and wiped cache with no change. I bit the bullet and went back to Froyo. I am about to try to move to .602 via the two part method.

Last edited:

DreamOperator

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!

I was stuck on red M logo, or it would go intro Clockwork on it's own. Mount/System was the issue for me as well. It was driving me nuts!!! Thank you!

Reaction score
New root method is out and stupid easy. SBF back to .340, take the OTA update and run the oneclick 3 step exploit. From the time I hit start on rsdlite to the time to download the .602 OTA, install it and run the new oneclick I was up and running OTA .602 with root in about a half hour.

the5barrons

Reaction score
New root method is out and stupid easy. SBF back to .340, take the OTA update and run the oneclick 3 step exploit. From the time I hit start on rsdlite to the time to download the .602 OTA, install it and run the new oneclick I was up and running OTA .602 with root in about a half hour.

One click 3step exploit?

Sorry, what's that and where is it available?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ok. Figured it out myself...and couldn't help it. Rooted my dx again. I was an it's update to 602...it works. I'll post up shortly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums