1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem Flashing with RZR 2.0.3

Discussion in 'Raidzero' started by VingInMedina, Mar 22, 2011.

1. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

I started using RZR 2.0.3 in place of SPR a little while ago. Today I tried to flash a new ROM for the first time with it. After the update was complete, I rebooted into Android, but the phone was stuck at the 'M' logo. Restoring to the backup didn't help -- noticed that the backup doesn't contain a boot image.

Finally got my phone working again by flashing the sbf for stock froyo.

Any idea what I might have done wrong? I went from SPR to RZR by using the update.zip, which I read today might not be the best way. I like the features it has and I would really like to start using it.
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

first, keep a backup of sprecovery update.zip on your phone. You can create it with sprecovery by selecting only that as a nandroid backup in sprecovery.

Next, flash 2.0.3, then reboot directly into recovery, then using RZR now, reboot recovery. Create a backup.

Wipe Data, and Wipe System. Flash the ROM you want, reboot recovery. Reboot android.

Haven't tested it yet but I believe (since all phones are different) the kernel was clocked too fast for your phone. If you go to other options and select overclocking, reduce the juice to 800 and try that. Its the sweet spot on my phone so I don't have to reboot recovery all the time.
  3. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

What were you flashing?

I'd recommend re-downloading and reflashing as suggested above ... sounds like a bad flash, perhaps the file was corrupt ...
  4. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Reboot to recovery after you flash, then directly into Android....as pointed out above.
  5. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Ok, I've got it working now.

I used the update.zip to install RZR 2.0.3 and then I rebooted into recovery right away and using RZR I installed the update.zip again (flashed RZR again).

Then I rebooted and installed my ROM (SS 5.2 this time). After installing the ROM I rebooted into Recovery and then into Android and all was well.

Why do you suppose that you need the extra step of rebooting into Recovery before rebooting into Android?
  6. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

apparently the clockwork update doesn't do a complete job, I never noticed this but several have. I was always an SPR user though, I tried to get RZR to fail from clockwork update but I never could.
  7. levi2502

levi2502 New Member

I tried the above directions and still have the revolving "M". I was trying to load Simply Stunning as well.
  8. guidot

Try rebooting into recovery, then into android?
  9. Bretski169

Bretski169 New Member

When flashing a rom do you need to change name to update.zip?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. guidot

No, you can flash from inside other folders as well.