1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem flashing my Droid to 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by antisomnic, May 26, 2010.

1. antisomnic

antisomnic New Member

I upgraded my Droid a while back to 2.1 and I've decided I want to root it now because I got a WiFi iPad and I think it would be nice to use my Droid as a wifi hotspot. I followed some instructions on another site and I've installed the USB Drivers, RSD Lite, and I have the ROM file for 2.0.1. As soon as I get my Droid to the bootloader my PC will not recognize it anymore. What am I doing wrong? It works fine when it's booted regularly. Thanks in advance.
  2. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

If you want root access you don't have to flash back to 2.0.1 You can just flash sprecovery using RSD lite and install Pete's 2.1 with root access file. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
    As for it not recognizing your phone, depending on what version of windows you are running you have to set it to run as administrator first
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
Search tags for this page

what is the blinking bullseye