Problem Downloading Gingerbread 2.3 OTA Update

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and manually checked for the update. I almost did a backflip when the notice popped up that there was an update available. So, I figured I'd let it download on my way to work since I heard it's about a 30 minute download and that's about my commute over to the office.

Once it completely downloads, I got an error message stating that the file was too big for storage, meanwhile I have 6+gigs on my phone's storage and 14+gigs on my SD card. The file's only 111mb!

I'm downloading again, but I get poor internet service on my phone at work and they have all WiFi blocked off, so I can't even use that. The download is already over an hour and I'm not even at 70%, yet .. ugh.

Anyone have a clue as to what the hell just happened to me?

Appreciate the help.

OP
G

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Second try finished and I got the same error message. Wtf is going on?!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

g02sle3p

Reaction score
Well, I feel like an idiot now. Seems like all I needed to do was a battery pull (seems to fix everything). Now, when I just searched for an update it didn't tell me I should free up some space like it previously did.

Sure as hell beats doing a factory reset like VZW Support suggested when I asked them via Twitter. There was no way I wanted to do that ....

Hope it doesn't spaz out again!! dancedroid