1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem Downloading Android Source

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by VingInMedina, Sep 21, 2010.

1. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

I am trying to get a copy of the Android source so that I can build a ROM for myself.

The problem I am having is with the "repo sync" command. It run along fine for a while (sometimes hours) and then just hangs up.

My system is fine, and I can <ctrl>-c out of the repo command. Is it just a little flaky in the download and should I just keep trying, or am I doing something wrong?

I ran the command,
    Code:
    repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b froyo

and it worked fine.
  2. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Well, persistence would seem to be the key. When it would appear to hang up I would <ctrl>-C out and start it again. Took three tries, but everything finally downloaded.

Now I just need to figure out why the bbunzip.c (from busybox) has a problem with the kill declaration in the signal.h header file.
  3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have an extremely thorough walk through write up on obtaining the source, Eclipse, compiling with Busybox and Superuser over on www.deodexed.com

I configured a fresh Ubuntu system and walked through as I made the guide doing each step before noting it down (or editing it) so that it would be as complete as possible.
Search tags for this page
android source code repo sync freezes
android source repo hang
new tag android repo sync stuck
repo sync freezes android
repo sync hang

repo sync hangs

repo sync location
ubuntu repo sync frozen