Problem connecting with BMW 335i

papaboomboom

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid worked just fine with my BMW 335i. The move to 2.1 and my recent purchase of the Incredible have caused the car not to read all the.
contacts in my address book.

What has changed in the BT spec for 2.1. I may have a compatibility issue as it was very difficult to pair the Incredible with my car. Had to do a factory reset on the phone and was lucky getting them paired.

All other BT functions (call sending /receiving) and others work well. Just the address book issue.

Any thoughts?

Randdroid

Reaction score
I own a BMW X5 and 535i and have not experienced any issues with contacts or other elements. Have you deleted the Moto Droid from your BMW system?

nerdkill

Reaction score
i can't remember how i did it exactly, but i was having the same problems with an 08 prius. i used the "bluetooth file transfer" app from the market and somehow forced the contact transfer. sorry i can't be more help, i did it a while ago. i'm sure if you google your issue you'll find a walk through on how to do it.

cantare

Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you... my 07 335i sedan and my incredible paired fine in iDrive, and I don't see that anything is missing from the phonebook etc.

I have had the car serviced (hp fuel pump) and I believe the dealer flashed me to the latest software version. I wonder if that makes any difference...

switz

Reaction score
I have an Incredible and was having mixed results with Blue Tooth. It would connect on some cars but would never transfer contacts. I tried file transfer programs with no results. Then, I bought a BMW Mini Cooper. The Incredible wouldn't even connect. My wife's Moto Droid worked perfectly though. I did a lot of research and found folks saying the blue tooth stack was defective in the Incredible; this was reported on HTC's forums with HTC doing nothing to fix the problem.

I decided to root my phone, which I did (very easy) and then installed the Virtuous Rom from Virtuousrom.com. Low and behold the blue tooth functions now work perfectly with contact transfers and all. The custom Rom is great and other nice options open up for you too. Give it a try.