Problem connect to pc

silentsecret

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into your pc a notification will be on your notification bar on your phone. You need to select that notification saying usb and change it to what your trying to do or instructions from the root developer or forum page.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

bhp117

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into your pc a notification will be on your notification bar on your phone. You need to select that notification saying usb and change it to what your trying to do or instructions from the root developer or forum page.

That's the problem there's no usb on notification so I cant select the other options

OP
B

bhp117

Reaction score
I did
5.2.0 And 5.2.1
Have it installed and still didn't work

silentsecret

Reaction score
Your pc isn't recognizing your phone as a device. You can try a deferent pc to see if its your phone. if it is your phone call vzw and tell them you can't use your phone as mass storage or change usb settings on phone. There can only be 3 things wrong by what you have replied to me. Phone pc or usb. Good luck

OP
B

bhp117

Reaction score
Your pc isn't recognizing your phone as a device. You can try a deferent pc to see if its your phone. if it is your phone call vzw and tell them you can't use your phone as mass storage or change usb settings on phone. There can only be 3 things wrong by what you have replied to me. Phone pc or usb. Good luck

I tried it on my desktop too with another moto wire and still nothing
So now I'm sure its something wrong with the the phone

OP
B

bhp117

Reaction score
THANKS everyone for trying to help me figure out what's wrong with the bionic

Called Verizon earlier and they still can't figure it out so they'll send me a replacement soon

THANKS again

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not patronizing here, but you're sure it's a Moto cable? Has the little boxy thing with the Motorola "M" on it? If it definitely is and none of the above worked then you might just have a faulty USB port on your phone...

Edit: Sorry, just saw your last two posts. Good luck then, let us know if it works.

OP
B

bhp117

Reaction score
Not patronizing here, but you're sure it's a Moto cable? Has the little boxy thing with the Motorola "M" on it? If it definitely is and none of the above worked then you might just have a faulty USB port on your phone...

Edit: Sorry, just saw your last two posts. Good luck then, let us know if it works.

2 usb are motorola with their m logo
1 usb from lg revolution
1 generic usb

All 4 usb don't work when i use it to connect my bionic to pc and laptop both with win7 64

But when i use the same 4 cables to connect my sister bionic to pc and notebook it work right away

So because of that i know for sure my bionic have a faulty usb port

Called verizon last night and they can't trouble shoot so they'll send me another one

captndesus

Reaction score
I was having same problem. With a VZW USB cable. So I tried wife's crackberry cable and it worked! Yet another option. About the only thing he BB has been good for.

websta

Reaction score
identical problem but simple fix in my case

I just had the identical problem - Bionic was working yesterday, used it for tethering, everything was great. Today, no USB icon in the taskbar, no USB connection prompt no matter what I do. Yes, I'm using the Verizon/Moto cable and yes, I just reloaded the latest drivers. Yes, I tried all of the USB ports and rebooted the laptop. Though the phone has been on and off several times while not connected, what I just tried is turning it off and then back on while plugged into the USB port and that worked. I'll keep my eye on it this though - could be an issue with the phone, who knows.

keepithd2010

Reaction score
I just bought a bionic and tried to root it tonight only notice there's a problem

When i connected to my pc, my pc didn't reconize the bionic but it'll still charge it

In settings i checked if i have the debug mode on which it is so i just don't get why my pc did recognize the bionic

The phone is stock on 5.5.886
I can't seem to update it yet also

Thanx in advance for any help

The USB icon FourFive is talking about it at the top of your phone. It is where the notifications are like when you get a text or email. Flick it down with your finger and you will see USB. Click on it and then select USB Mass Storage and you will see your phone unmounting your SD card and your computer will now see your Moto drive and your internal memory and your SD card. Now you can go into explorer and see your phone drives. You should be all set from there unless you are using a third party charging cable then you have to use the one that came with your phone. I have a 6' usb extension cable and it works fine if you need the length.

websta

Reaction score
The USB icon FourFive is talking about it at the top of your phone. It is where the notifications are like when you get a text or email. Flick it down with your finger and you will see USB. Click on it and then select USB Mass Storage and you will see your phone unmounting your SD card and your computer will now see your Moto drive and your internal memory and your SD card. Now you can go into explorer and see your phone drives. You should be all set from there unless you are using a third party charging cable then you have to use the one that came with your phone. I have a 6' usb extension cable and it works fine if you need the length.

Sorry, perhaps "taskbar" was the incorrect word but the USB icon in question is the same. Yesterday I had it and everything was fine. Earlier today, I'd plug my Droid into any USB port and nothing - no USB connection notification, no icon at the top, nothing (on the Droid). I realize what you can do once you're connected but when nothing happens when you plug your Droid in (absolutely nothing), then there's no USB icon to flick. That's the problem I just had and fortunately was able to resolve by turning the power off and back on again while plugged into the USB port of the laptop. Could be coincidence or gremlins but I'll take it.