Problem charging from solar and/or external battery

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by rust, Jan 9, 2012.

1. rust

rust New Member

I am having trouble charging from my Brunton solar charger and also an external battery. My other phone charges from them without any issues, did casio put something into the phone to prevent me from connecting to them? Both connect by USB and it does recognize that it is plugged in but does not do anything while plugged in. I have the USB connection set to charge only and still nada. Any suggestions? The whole point of buying this rugged phone was to take it with me on a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail... all 2200 miles of it. I would hate to have leave this one behind because of a lack of solar charging ability.
  2. paxchristos

paxchristos New Member

the Casio commando is a beast when it comes to charging... Check and see what the amps out are and compare it to your wall charger base... If it's lower, you might not be able to charge it that way (I learned this thru trying a couple of different car chargers before I got one that worked...)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  3. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

I've also noticed charging issues with mine. If it's drained dead, and I put it on either the home or car charger (with the desktop charger), the phone will drain, reboot, charge a bit, drain, reboot, charge a bit, etc. It gets stuck in this loop for a couple of cycles till it charges up to a certain point. Then seems to work fine.
  4. tchap

tchap New Member

I am also having trouble charging my Commando via solar charger. I own a Scoche solar charger. This is my second one because I sent the first back because I thought it was a faulty product. The second is also not charging. The usb icon appears when I plug it in but goes off after several seconds with no charge. The solar charger is fully charged and my usb settings are charge only. Could the amps out cause it to do this if they are insufficient.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. pokskip

pokskip New Member

What's the battery life at when you tried it

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums
  6. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

What's probably happening is that your charger simply just isn't powerful enough to charge the Commando. Different phones require different amounts of amperage to charge; it probably just isn't up-to-spec.

This is also related to the same issue. It's just not powerful enough to charge the phone.
  7. paxchristos

paxchristos New Member

I'm pretty sure that the commando needs with 1000 or 1100 milliamps (m.a.) to charge, which tends to be higher than most phones out there... Just check what the output is on the charger you got with the phone, and use that as a minimum for any other charger you look into...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  8. ehaynes078

ehaynes078 New Member

I got the power curve charger off one of those one sale a day sites and it charges my commando even when battery is at 90+ percent
  9. D_B

D_B New Member

Mine has a 850ma Casio wall charger .. I had one time that instead of charging, it actually went down to 20% while on it (started at 70%charge )

The wall charger I got from verizon is 1000ma .. I think I'll be using that and see if it happens again

Would be interested to hear what others have for amps that came with their phone
  10. powermad

powermad New Member

I have a Monaco solar charger that I got almost a year ago that works well. Even got left out and got rained on and still works fine.
    Check my earlier posts for a link to the charger.
  11. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

I think your right about the charger not being powerful enough to charge the phone. But in my case, I'm using the factory charger & cradle I picked up from Verizon when I bought the phone.

I have noticed that if I leave the wifi, GPS or bluetooth enabled, the charger does not have the oooomph to charge the phone overnight. In fact, the phone will be dead by morning. Disable the wifi, GPS & bluetooth & the phone charges fine.
Search tags for this page
brunton solar charger not charging
casio commando not charging

casio commando solar charger

casio commando will not charge off usb

casio commando wont charge in car

charging a smartphone with an external battery whilr chargin
g'zone commando solar charger issues
how many mills amps to charge my commando
how to charge galaxy s ii with brunton
how to solar charge an external battery charger
motorola droid x external battery charger milwaukee