Problem: Cannot Start RSD Lite

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bizfox, Mar 17, 2010.

1. bizfox

bizfox New Member

I've been using the Cyanogen rom for a few days, and I probably messed it up by installing the 1.2GHz kernel here (only to convert back to the original bekit 1.0GHz that came with CM by wiping data/cache via Rom Manager and restoring CM itself). I'm on the 5.0.4.2 stable version, by the way. Anyway, while the Rom Manager was busily finishing up the restoring process, it stalled, giving out an "sd card unmounted" error. I even tried rebooting the Droid to restart the process, but it hung on the M logo.

Long story short, I attempted going back to stock, using the .sbf method. Problem is, RSDLite 4.6's "Start" button is grayed out, despite following each step to the letter. Help, please...

Note: Droid isn't bricked as I can reboot to Clockwork Recovery. I just can't press the "Start" button on RSDLite (even with admin permission) as it is grayed out.
  2. bizfox

bizfox New Member

just bumping this up...
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

May want to check to see if the phone's drivers are installed properly.
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I'm not real familiar with clockwork, but can you reinstall the original CM rom?
  5. BayouFlyFisher

Any luck yet?
  6. bizfox

bizfox New Member

Well, I uninstalled the Motorola 4.5 driver and reinstalled the 4.2 one. When rebooting back to the bootloader, I get the message "Low battery. Cannot program." So the Droid is now attached to the wall charger for at least a couple of hours.

Will be back with an update/questions...

Edit: Droid is still stuck at the M logo. When booting up to either that, Clockwork or the bootloader because it's connected to the wall charger, the LED light around the USB area does not turn on. Is it still charging???
  7. RoLa

RoLa New Member

If the light is not on, then it is not charging, try a battery pull and then plug it up.. let the charger turn it on..ONCE YOU HAVE A FULL CHARGE!!!Boot into Clockwork and re-install the ROM. this has worked for numerous people, Other people panic and flash the .sbf I was one of them:)
  8. bizfox

bizfox New Member

Okay, with the wall charger, the LED light around the usb area refused to turn on. When I switched the charger over to the computer (charging via laptop's usb), the light on the side turns on with the screen still blank.

Just to make things clear, even with the battery 80% full last night (when this issue started manifesting itself), I cannot, for the life of me, get past the M logo. However, I can boot into Clockwork/bootloader manually.

I did try looking for the ROM's location in Clockwork last night before my battery ran out but cannot find it. Am I missing something?
  9. BayouFlyFisher

When you did this, were you looking from the Install option? If I recall when I got in this same position with the CM rom and Clockwork, I was able to select Install and the one of the options was to select the rom to be installed? I had loaded the rom from my laptop to the sdcard. If it is not there, can you remove your sdcard, put it in the computer and then load the CM rom to the card - back to the Droid and then install it?

If you can't put the sdcard in your computer, do you know someone with a droid? You can put the sdcard in another droid and put the rom on the card from there.

Good luck.
  10. bizfox

bizfox New Member

As far as I know, it looks like I'm the only one around here with a Droid, except maybe for those folks who work in the nearby Verizon store. I'm thinking of using the .sbf method to go back to stock and re-flash CM from there.
  11. RoLa

RoLa New Member

You can mount sd from clockwork recovery
  12. BayouFlyFisher

As soon as you get CM loaded and configured to your liking, I'd recommend installing sprecovery and making a good nandroid backup and stop using Clockwork. This is a known bug, not being able to restore from clockwork, and there are threads all over the place about it. In reading a lot of threads on a lot of boards, I'm seeing nothing from the dev (maybe I just missed it and it was in fact there??).
  13. BayouFlyFisher

This looks like it might be on-point for you problem: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30370-how-root-ese53-phone-apps.html
  14. bizfox

bizfox New Member

Anyone ever tried to charge up the Droid's dead battery via usb? It's the only way that's giving it some juice. I tried connecting the device via the wall adapter, but that darn Motorola logo pops up and no white light on the side. How long does it usually take to recharge a completely dead battery via usb (using a laptop now)?
  15. BayouFlyFisher

Any updates? Hows it going?
  16. bizfox

bizfox New Member

I'm not sure anymore if the phone's battery is charging. I'll swing by Verizon and see if I can get a diagnostic on my Droid.
Search tags for this page
galaxy note cannot boot up

rsd lite cannot program