Problem after unrooting

tntrucknut

Reaction score
I rooted my wife's stratosphere last night and all went went well. Wifi and the camera did not work after rooting, so this morning I removed su, busybox, and superuser.apk and reflashed the stock kernel. Once the phone rebooted, wifi and the camera still didn't work. I'm confused as to why this is happening since I but the phone back to stock. I removed the files with root explorer lite. The process by which I obtained root was by flashing root-zImage with heimdall, then pushed su, busybox, and superuser.apk with adb. This phone has been trouble out of the box, even exchanged once. Warranty ran out so I thought I would root and remove some bloat to help it.

Any advice, suggestions on the wifi/camera issue now that it is back to stock?

OP
T

tntrucknut

Reaction score
Pretty sure I found the problem. Firmware version stock before I rooted was 2.3.6 and the stock kernel would have been a FF1 build. Custom kernel I used was an EI2 kernel. When verizon updated the strat in Sept I think, the kernel went to a FF1 build. So now I have a baseband ending in FF1 and a kernel ending in EI2. Pretty sure there is no fix unless I flash CWM recovery and try a whole new stock ROM and not allow an OTA update. Maybe this will help others who make the same mistake I did.