Problem after Rooting

DroidUserSteve

Reaction score
Thanks for the step by step, aside from me not following directions, it worked great. But now I have a problem connecting to my email....After Rooting (primarily to allow use of Barnacle as a wireless hot spot) everything worked great for 24 to 48 hours. This morning I get an error when trying to retrieve my comcast email "unable to open connection to server". Also unable to get on the internet. Everything works fine if I enable my Wi-Fi. And I am able to get onto my Email with my computer. Did I screw something up? Is this a problem with verizon? Any suggestions how to trouble shoot? I hate to Unroot after all the effort.
Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Steve, I asked your post to be moved here to the rescue squad and now it is. As I said in my reply were you made this post, your problem had nothing to do with rooting your phone in itself. Has the problem been fixed?

OP
D

DroidUserSteve

Reaction score
Lost Data Connection

Thanks for responding. After rooting, apparently successfully as things worked fine (phone, data, etc for a little more then 24 hours. Now I am unable to get a consistent data connection. Unable to collect my email from the server or use my browser. There is no 3G icon in the upper part of the screen. I have checked with others with the same service and they have 3G and data no problem. It does not seem to be location dependent either. I have found that if I disable the data connection then turn it back on, I do get 3G icon (and function) back temporarily, but it is lost when the droid goes to sleep.
I am trying to determine if this can be fixed in its current state or if I have to UnRoot my phone.
Any help is apprieciated.
Steve

OP
D

DroidUserSteve

Reaction score
Lost Data connection after Rooting

After Rooting the only new app installed was barnacle. I deleted it without any improvement. I tried to remember the last app I installed before I rooted figuring I would work backwards and see it there was a conflict. I deleted angry birds (yes I downloaded it in a moment of weakness for my son to play) and (insert fanfare) the 3 G icon popped up and has stayed steady for the past 12 hours. The only test I haven't tried yet it to reload it and see if it happens again.

phew

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hmm, I've never heard of a conflict with Angry Birds. I have it on my phone, but where I live I am about 50 miles away from 3g service anyways. Glad it's working for you.

And again, rooting your phone is not the culprit.