1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

problem after installing new rom

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tyler467m, Jun 21, 2010.

1. tyler467m

tyler467m New Member

Hey guys iv been having a problem for awhile and i just cant seem to figure it out..

Alright so heres my problem, when i put on a new rom i use rom manager, well everytime i flash a new rom i always check wipe data and cache. well the installation of the acutal rom works fine, but after my phone boots it just goes straight to the background, like normally it makes you login to your gmail account but not for me, it just skips it,, and when it does that i don't have my market app, but i believe i can still text and call people.. well anyway that's my problem, would really appreciate it if someone had an idea how to fix it

Thanks for your time.
  2. pnhst

pnhst New Member

I've had a problem with older versions of clockwork where i would select wipe data and cache and all it would do is restart the phone into recovery, do nothing, then restart. I got in the habit of manually booting into recovery and doing a wipe that way followed by a rom flash. It seems to work for me now with newer versions of clockwork. Also it may for some reason have to do with one particular version of clockwork recovery. If my first solution doesn't work try flashing and experimental recovery from ROM manager and see if it works better.
Search tags for this page

what are problem faced by installing new rom