Probing for roms

joshoid

Reaction score
New to the d2g. It's rooted and ready to flash roms. My question is what roms have you guys tried, what is your favorite rom and why. So far I like the stock rom and ui.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
If u like the stock then u haven't had it long enough tosee its faults. I had mine for a month before I started hacking it. Its great if u only the stock apps and don't take adcantage of its complexities. So far (after teying many roms amd using many apps) angel has the best. The b/w angel rom is awesome for those who want a little something extra and I can't say much about anything otherwise.... research and decide for yourself. Just sayin...

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

keolawills

Reaction score
If u like the stock then u haven't had it long enough tosee its faults. I had mine for a month before I started hacking it. Its great if u only the stock apps and don't take adcantage of its complexities. So far (after teying many roms amd using many apps) angel has the best. The b/w angel rom is awesome for those who want a little something extra and I can't say much about anything otherwise.... research and decide for yourself. Just sayin...

OreoAngel will be posted soon...

my ANGEL blacked out at 1.35 Ghz

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait before you ROM and modify it too much. I would never have done anything to my first DROIDX since it was unstable and had issues. My current one has been good.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score
I didn't wait long after purchasing my D1 to start flashing roms. It was much needed. However the D2G seems to be set up. I believe we have gingerbread coming in Q3 so i'll wait to see what that's all about... Do you guys have any screen shots btw?

keolawills

Reaction score
I didn't wait long after purchasing my D1 to start flashing roms. It was much needed. However the D2G seems to be set up. I believe we have gingerbread coming in Q3 so i'll wait to see what that's all about... Do you guys have any screen shots btw?

OreoAngel...
45ef6a40-bae9-b6a4.jpg

sent from an OreoAngel

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score

OreoAngel...
45ef6a40-bae9-b6a4.jpg

sent from an OreoAngel

Did you theme oreo angel or is that out of the box?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
He is using adw launcher which is one of three that come with angel rom and oreoangel. He is also using the d-clock widget which can be found on the market. I will be posting a video soon of how I rock my oreo angel d2g. They are two totally different set-ups so you should keep that in mind before deciding on what you want to do. Just sayin...

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I use stock angel with a few tweaks...still playing with colors. Launcher pro plus and custom launcher icons and dock help.
aefd49c6-8495-4704.jpg
4c0653a3-8651-3633.jpg
4c0653a3-865c-8dd8.jpg
4c0653a3-866b-0847.jpg

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Now, obviously im a little biased but probably Angel or Fenom are best. You can use d2/dx roms using the GRD romer but there's issues. There are very very few reported bugs with mine and Fenuxx's

Sent from an Angelic D2G

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trying angel rom, so far running stock with root had been good! I'll give it a whirl soon.

Thanks!

Swyped from my D2G using Tapatalk!

keolawills

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trying angel rom, so far running stock with root had been good! I'll give it a whirl soon.

Thanks!

Youll see great batt life and speed increase if you flash angel or fenom. I hear fenom may still have reboot issues. Angel is the best ive run so far, waay better than stock.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks!

Youll see great batt life and speed increase if you flash angel or fenom. I hear fenom may still have reboot issues. Angel is the best ive run so far, waay better than stock.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

Thanks for the promotion lol.

Anything even halfway stable is waaaaaay better than stock though ;)

Sent from an Angelic D2G

OP
joshoid

joshoid

Reaction score
I'm still new to the D2G, coming from D1 - CM7. I have root and boot strap, other than boot strap flashing is the same? Angel is ported for D2G? Thanks,

lerit50

Reaction score
I'm still new to the D2G, coming from D1 - CM7. I have root and boot strap, other than boot strap flashing is the same? Angel is ported for D2G? Thanks,

Flashing is the same and Angel is a D2G based rom, it isn't ported