Probably exchanging this for an iPhone 4

remedemic

Reaction score
I've had the razr for 3 weeks now and by all means, it's a great phone, but some things just seem to be ticking me off about it. First and foremost, there's the whole data-dropping BS that we have to wait to get fixed (who knows when a real fix will come). The size gets kind of annoying. When holding with one hand, I often have to move the phone about to get from the bottom to the top screen. I know this is my fault for buying a phone with this size, but it still is annoying. They didn't even need to make the phone this wide, they have so much padding between the edge of the phone and the screen's end. Then there's the not as good resolution. This pentile display really makes the screen look bad, making text look pixelated. The iphone has no issues with dropping data, is a very nice size, and the resolution is as high as possible. Plus, the overall hardware is better quality. This droid seems cheap around the sides and what not. I've already had to return one for a faulty battery.

The iphone may not have as good specs but i don't even need the crazy computing power that this phone has anyways. The only thing that had me running for android was that android devices are usually more fun/entertaining than apple devices (customizable, bigger screen) but with these data dropping issues and big size, its hard to use the device in general when I need it.

By all means, don't let me discourage you from getting this phone for those of you who are thinking about buying it. The phone is amazing, it just has several things that happen to annoy me. I'm very impatient and don't want to wait for the data fix (which may or may not come), and dislike having to shift up and down to use the phone with one hand. I'm sure the iPhone has its own issues but those are issues that probably won't bother me.

Sorry for writing you a novel on this rather simple topic, I guess I just wanted your opinion. Do the faults that I find with the droid seem reasonable to exchange it for an iPhone 4? Btw, I won't be picking up the 4S, just the original 4, if that influences your opinion.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Just get what works for you and your lifestyle and what makes you happy. I'm an Android guy for life, but I think the iPhone is great too, for those that like it. You're not gonna get any useful and unbiased opinions on this forum, especially when it comes to Apple devices :)

Last edited:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I trust your judgement for what _you_ need. That's what it ultimately comes down to! The iPhone is a fine piece of equipment although I would probably never have one! :happy3: I just don't like the lockdown regulated ecosystem of the Apple world, but it sounds like flashing kernels, roms etc doesn't matter to you! :D

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
If you got the RAZR, chances are you paid $300, or close to it so let's rule out price as a factor. iPhone 4 is good. The 4S is a significant upgrade with the dual core and camera. Siri may or may not be important that's why I didn't mention it. But between the 4 and 4S I'd definitely recommend the 4S. I've had my 4S since 10/17 and my RAZR since 11/28. I love both and understand your concerns. But between the 4 and 4S, I'd definitely say the 4S.

OP
R

remedemic

Reaction score
I actually got the verizon guy to sell me the razr for 200. So if I get the 4S, i'll be paying a 35$ restocking fee, plus the difference in tax since the iphone has a higher retail price. Probably looking at an extra 10 dollars with the tax difference. Versus an iphone 4, which after the exchange, i'll probably be receiving money.

I think i'll probably get the 4S. The 4S is sold out at all verizon stores though, and they guy said they have no idea when they're getting new shipments..

Reaction score
Get a Galaxy Nexus, better than the Iphone 4s and Razr together...No phone compares to the nexus, if you don't believe me ask your friend salesman to show it to you and you'll see what I'm talking about, if you like to be in control, don't like challenges or change, then the iphone is for you...Ive had berries, apples and androids, and NOTHING can beat the power of Android specially the GNEX..This is my personal opinion..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have an iPhone (it is a work issued) and several Droids (including the Razr) - it is hard to compare the phones as they are really quite different. You have to get what works for you and what you expect from a phone.

Good luck with your decision!!

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I actually got the verizon guy to sell me the razr for 200. So if I get the 4S, i'll be paying a 35$ restocking fee, plus the difference in tax since the iphone has a higher retail price. Probably looking at an extra 10 dollars with the tax difference. Versus an iphone 4, which after the exchange, i'll probably be receiving money.

I think i'll probably get the 4S. The 4S is sold out at all verizon stores though, and they guy said they have no idea when they're getting new shipments..

Definitely don't get a Nexus lol. If not the RAZR, the 4S is a super choice.

busab

Reaction score
The 4S is a great phone no doubt. Get what make you happy my friend. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

T

TheAlpha

Its all on personal reference but you'd never see ME with an IPhone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I live the size of the screen and phone. I'm 5'7" so my hands are not that big, but I have no problem navigating the phone at all. I really like the extra space on the sides of the screen, it makes for easier access for things that are pushed far to the left or right of the screen when a case is in it. I really enjoy this phone as I do and did with the previous 9or 10 droids I've had in the last 2 years, but I get bored after a couple months. But I stick to Motorola, feels more like a " mans" phone. Heavier better build quality, all my opinions. I played with the GN for all of a few minutes and did not like the feel of the phone. If you are not happy with the Razr, sorry to hear that than grab the 4s. If and when apple puts a bigger screen and 4g on an iPhone I.will get one, but I'll always have a Motorola droid on the other side of my hip

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

Zandar

Reaction score
The iPhone won't have the data drop issue because it can't do 4G. Switch the RAZR to 3G and you're on the same footing as the iPhone 4S; no data drop, no 4G. Of course, with the RAZR you still retain the ability to run in 4G if you so desire.

Sliced from my RAZR

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Get a Galaxy Nexus, better than the Iphone 4s and Razr together...No phone compares to the nexus, if you don't believe me ask your friend salesman to show it to you and you'll see what I'm talking about, if you like to be in control, don't like challenges or change, then the iphone is for you...Ive had berries, apples and androids, and NOTHING can beat the power of Android specially the GNEX..This is my personal opinion..

Did you not read his reasoning for wanting to return the Razr? His 2 main points were the signal and the size. The Nexus is awesome (I own one and wouldn't want anything else right now), but it is larger than the RAZR and it has its own reception issues. So how would this be a better phone for him.

Get the iPhone if that what suits you. But I agree. You should get the 4s, you will have it for 2 years and the iPhone 4 hardware is already dated, you will be regretting not spending the extra bucks in 18 months when its barely able to run the newest version of iOS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Did you not read his reasoning for wanting to return the Razr? His 2 main points were the signal and the size. The Nexus is awesome (I own one and wouldn't want anything else right now), but it is larger than the RAZR and it has its own reception issues. So how would this be a better phone for him.

Get the iPhone if that what suits you. But I agree. You should get the 4s, you will have it for 2 years and the iPhone 4 hardware is already dated, you will be regretting not spending the extra bucks in 18 months when its barely able to run the newest version of iOS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Lol +1

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

Reaction score
Then get the REZOUND, the signal on that one is more stable, the size is smaller than RAZR or NEXUS and the screen is still 720hd and is not an Iphone :) I just thought that after you play with the nexus you would change your mind despite the size and signal, I have rooted my nexus, updated the radio and no signal issues anymore, don't forget that Iphones are not perfect as well and they do have signal issues as well..