1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Prob with ROM manager

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by dlbrown75, Nov 28, 2010.

1. dlbrown75

dlbrown75 New Member

When I try to make a backup of my current rom with Rom manager, it starts to work then a Droid bot pops on the screen with a triangle above him, and in the triangle an exclamtion point appears, then motorola m comes on screen, then phone reboots. Why can't I make a back up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. cgrimm9

cgrimm9 New Member

not sure on how you are doing it. I dont use rom manager to do my backups I reboot into recovery go to backup and restore tab and then I hit back up. it works for me.

I tried installing roms off of rom manager I get that all the time. I download roms off the net and fallow there istallation. tell us how you are doing the back up process.
  3. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 New Member

Are you using Bootstrap also? You need them both.

If you are using bootstrap you can use reboot into recovery from bootstrap and make a backup there also.
  4. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

yeah, this is happening because you don't have Koush's bootstrapper installed. See my sig for a tutorial on backing up / restoring