PRO Powering down at random

wildcat89

Reaction score
Random power downs

Have had a Droid Pro for 6 days. I noticed it randomly cycling off and back on at least twice, maybe three times since I bought it. Not sure at all why it is behaving this way.

jetjim

Reaction score
I noticed it happen a third time. I switched my Network Mode from "global" to "CDMA," and it happened a third time. It also happened when I did the update the other day. I think that it has to re-boot itself when you do a major change, since so many people are having this problem. For people that it's happening to every day, I would suggest a factory reset.

rafeee2

Reaction score
Have had a Droid Pro for 6 days. I noticed it randomly cycling off and back on at least twice, maybe three times since I bought it. Not sure at all why it is behaving this way.

Launcher Pro installed?

rafeee2

Reaction score
I myself have had LP installed for awhile now, and I got only one restart. I'm not convinced that LP is the problem, but you can always uninstall it and check.

eus107709

Reaction score
My phone stopped rebooting after I came back to the states and was off GSM band.

Using LauncherPro.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

danneskjold

Reaction score
Mine seems to lose wireless signal and then shuts off. Has been happening with increasing frequency now as well...about once a day now.
It doesnt restart immediately, it takes a while. I usually notice I have no signal when I dont get any email notifications for a while, I have tried putting it into airplane mode (to reset it), but it wont go in. Then suddenly restarts.

Annoying as all hell, but the startup sound is the worst when I am in class...

LauncherPro has never been installed..

I would love to take mine back to Verizon, but I bought this phone off Craigslist. I had one of the warranties on my OG Droid (and are still paying for it in all likelihood), I dont imagine that would be any help?

jetjim

Reaction score
I also deleted LauncherPro and the problem (as well as other problems involving freezing and trouble with the homescreen buttons) has stopped. Let's get down to the root of the problem. How many of you who are experiencing this problem have LauncherPro installed on your phone?
Mine kept re-booting, and I did not have LauncherPro installed. I was still within my 30 days, so I exchanged mine for another one. So far, so good. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen with this one.

macstibs

Reaction score
I also deleted LauncherPro and the problem (as well as other problems involving freezing and trouble with the homescreen buttons) has stopped. Let's get down to the root of the problem. How many of you who are experiencing this problem have LauncherPro installed on your phone?
Mine kept re-booting, and I did not have LauncherPro installed. I was still within my 30 days, so I exchanged mine for another one. So far, so good. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen with this one.

Are you running .20 or .60 or .99?

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is .99 available? Sorry I get a message saying I need a motorola account when I check for updates and I don't feel like doing a factory reset :p

jetjim

Reaction score
Not available to me.......I just checked for updates, and was prompted that no update past .60 is available.

jetjim

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, I must have had a defective phone, for I exchanged mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago, for I was still in the 30 day period, and the new phone has not once re-powered or powered down by itself.

Last edited: