privacy suite for android?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by anonymous_courage, Apr 8, 2010.

1. anonymous_courage

anonymous_courage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, have just recently (in the last week) decided to dust off my java skills (antique and frail as they may be) and leap into android development. My main interest is in privacy guards, seeing as how all the information we send out of the device is sent over a proprietary network before we even get to the internet and all of the snoops there. My question is how would one go about extending the linux layer of the OS? It seems like it would be pointless to try to write security code that runs on a VM, or atleast the backend which does all the work... So, assuming root, how would one go about doing that? Sorry about the complete noob questions, but I gotta start somewhere...

2. Logan3824

Logan3824 Member

Ratings:
    +0

What version are you running...Did your droid update to 2.1? Cause if so you have to flash 2.0.1 back on there to root.

3. anonymous_courage

anonymous_courage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently on the ultimate droid 9.8 rom, which to my understanding uses the 2.1 firmware as its base, but either way I'm rooted. What do I need to do from there? An sorry bout the slow reply, lol, work calls :p

Search tags for this page

privacy suite android

privacy suite for android