Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus

N4UPD

Reaction score
Bought the app and seems to work great but there is something that says can't or won't scan private apps like AOR Radio app. But other than that it is an awesome and Revolutionary App. You should be proud of yourself being the first to put this on the market.

SkullOne

Reaction score
quick question regarding games with stored data

I was "fixing" NFS Shift and at the very end it gives me the options of Install or SDCARD. Under Install, it says that all data associated with that app will be removed.

Does this mean that its going to delete my game data or just the original app? I see that there are a few items for each game I have scanned (Angry Birds, NFS Shift, Ninjump) I just want to check before doing anything that I'm not going to lose my game data.

Yes data will be wiped out. I assume you could back up with Titanium Backup (if you're rooted). Fix the app and then restore the data only.

BigElm

Reaction score
This will be my first purchase I've ever made and it will be for my new phone.... Whenever they decide to release the TB :icon_rolleyes:

SkullOne

Reaction score
This will be my first purchase I've ever made and it will be for my new phone.... Whenever they decide to release the TB :icon_rolleyes:

Just made it my third purchase. SetCPU and ADW Launcher Ex are my other two. ;)

Now Verizon just needs to bring me my Thunderbolt especially since I'll have all the "fixed" apks right off the bat! :icon_ banana:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, honestly i think of apps like "its this, or some skittles." Apps last. Skittles dont. :D

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Just made it my third purchase. SetCPU and ADW Launcher Ex are my other two. ;)

Now Verizon just needs to bring me my Thunderbolt especially since I'll have all the "fixed" apks right off the bat! :icon_ banana:

This would be my 23rd purchased app. 25th if you count the unlock for LaucherPro and the donate to get rid of ads in ChompSMS:)

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
X,

Yes, I understand that part as well, but this the interwebs. The mere fact that we are discussing it means the info is getting out:) I would also assume that as we can edit a lot of the fields in the advanced menu, the folks getting information back are gonna see some interesting things if a user wants to get "creative".

I had a major crash and burn fixing all three "issues" with better terminal emulator pro, but when I went back in and only nailed the device ID, all is well. I have also used it with a couple of other programs perfectly. Very nice work, indeed. And you mentioned not trying it on Google Apps. If you do so you will see some very "bad" stuff, but no surprise there.

Very well done, Sir.

Craig

Thanks, as far as app crashes (before and after fixing) ill get to work on it (I could not test every app on the market). and ill take a look at some google apps.

the free version that crashes

the application privacy inspector (process.com.xeudoxus.privacy.inspector) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

::smh::

When did that crash happen and on what app?

Bought the app and seems to work great but there is something that says can't or won't scan private apps like AOR Radio app. But other than that it is an awesome and Revolutionary App. You should be proud of yourself being the first to put this on the market.

Only root apps can access the "/data/app-private/" folder.

-Matt

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
have a suggestion box? It would be cool to have a scan all function as well along side muliti and single scan.

well.... all I can do is give you a cheat code :D

enter this in the search box and search it.

"ton-o-appz"

then multi-select

-Matt
Lol, thats awesome. I like the cheat code style. Very grand theft auto. I take back the suggestion, All good so far. I love how the DF app has a red. CK what you been doing with my device id. Naughty naughty. jk :p

I entered the cheat code and it said "Multi Mode enabled," but where do I go from there?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree, this is a FANTASTIC app! I do have a question, what is meant by "private app?" There's a couple, like gTip, that it won't scan for that reason.

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
well.... all I can do is give you a cheat code :D

enter this in the search box and search it.

"ton-o-appz"

then multi-select

-Matt
Lol, thats awesome. I like the cheat code style. Very grand theft auto. I take back the suggestion, All good so far. I love how the DF app has a red. CK what you been doing with my device id. Naughty naughty. jk :p

I entered the cheat code and it said "Multi Mode enabled," but where do I go from there?

menu>multiselect

rsmcjr

Reaction score
Matt,

this app is VERY COOL!!!, i'll be putting it on all the droid devices in the house.....6 to be exact..for now :) i have a couple apps for you to check, i'm still going through the list but i have had f/c's on Alchemy,Amazon Kindle (may have just been a fluke). i'm working my way down my apps.....it's a pretty long list..;)

this was a massive undertaking and anyone that doesn't want to pay for this app deserves to have their info taken!!!!

thank you

JArmandB

Reaction score
Awesome app! I tested with the inspector and just purchased the blocker. The worst culprit on my phone was the dictionary.com app. It was so bad I decided to just uninstall it rather than try to fix it.

mastertech007

Reaction score
Just purchased Privacy Blocker, can't wait to try this out.
Just curious to know if there is there going to be a list of apps that we can cross check with?

Thanks for the hard work.

SkullOne

Reaction score
Awesome app! I tested with the inspector and just purchased the blocker. The worst culprit on my phone was the dictionary.com app. It was so bad I decided to just uninstall it rather than try to fix it.

I have pretty bad ones. Elixir and NFL Mobile. Elixir has 19 issues. Now some of these are due to what the application can do as it is a widget for system information. However, this application actually got "fixed" with PB. I haven't installed the "fixed" version just yet so I don't know if the app will function or not. Will post again when I know.

I would like to get rid of Elixir entirely as I only use it for a 1x1 widget to track memory. So if anybody knows of a better app that only does that I'd love to hear about it.

I find that the worst application is actually the NFL Mobile app. It has 12 issues and pulls just about every bit of information that this app shouldn't need. Phone number, Location, Cell Tower Name, Unique Device ID. I mean holy crap on a stick! PB unfortunately cannot fix this application. It fails during the smali phase. :(

I'm just about done with trying to "fix" every one of my applications that I think need to be fixed. I don't think you need to fix apps like Fancy Widget that only look to see if you're on Mobile or WiFi. That type of data doesn't bother me. However, why Tank Hero needs the Cell Tower Name or why Dolphin Browser needs Phone Type, Radio Type, Unique Device ID, and others is beyond me.

When I'm done I will be posting all of my data in the support thread for Xeudoxus. :icon_eek: Hopefully, some of my findings will help him make this badass application even better. :icon_ banana: