Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Last one for a while, I promise.

I LOVE THIS APP!!!

Its easy and fast enough. My only problem is that I may have to do it over and over when apps get updated, but thats fine.

Thanks for a premo quality app. Have no issue paying $2 for it.

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
I need more than 15 minutes to decide if i want to keep it.
Was somewhat slow to scan an app ( few minutes).
Not sure if it was acting up or if it really takes that long to scan.
Darn that return policy.

Depending on the app it could take FOREVER to scan, another reason to check out Privacy Inspector first (Free), then get Privacy Blocker if its something you want.

-Matt

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Sorry for multiposting but no editing allowed on these ones. Is there going to be a problem with the developers making these apps that your app 'fixes' since it is modifying their code? I love the app, but i can see it pissing others off. Is it legal to alter their code, even slightly, to make it less unsecure to me?

Your altering the code yourself. The app has to be told what app to modify and to do it. Kind of like a gun/weapon. Smith and Wesson doesnt get thrown in jail for making the gun, only the shooter. Not that altering the code is illegal. Just keep it on your personal droid and you'll be good.

Ilike,

I am not sure it is going to be as easy at that. I can see a apk developer complaining to google that their app is supposed to return "x" information for the whatever the developer is doing with it. Granted it is our phone, but as I posted earlier, Google is in the information business, adds, mining, etc. If this app does take off, google is likley to have to deal with this question. Google certainly has taken issue with some rooting applications (typically the one step apps) by pulling. And those fall into the category of "it's my phone I can do with it as I wish", not hurting anyone.

I just purchased the app, and look forward to using it. As X is one of us here, I would suspect that even if he has problems with google, he would still have an outlet for those of us who want to control our devices.

Craig

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
Sorry for multiposting but no editing allowed on these ones. Is there going to be a problem with the developers making these apps that your app 'fixes' since it is modifying their code? I love the app, but i can see it pissing others off. Is it legal to alter their code, even slightly, to make it less unsecure to me?

Your altering the code yourself. The app has to be told what app to modify and to do it. Kind of like a gun/weapon. Smith and Wesson doesnt get thrown in jail for making the gun, only the shooter. Not that altering the code is illegal. Just keep it on your personal droid and you'll be good.

Ilike,

I am not sure it is going to be as easy at that. I can see a apk developer complaining to google that their app is supposed to return "x" information for the whatever the developer is doing with it. Granted it is our phone, but as I posted earlier, Google is in the information business, adds, mining, etc. If this app does take off, google is likley to have to deal with this question. Google certainly has taken issue with some rooting applications (typically the one step apps) by pulling. And those fall into the category of "it's my phone I can do with it as I wish", not hurting anyone.

I just purchased the app, and look forward to using it. As X is one of us here, I would suspect that even if he has problems with google, he would still have an outlet for those of us who want to control our devices.

Craig

The best part about it, is that the "app" will never know its been modded (Other then it being resigned). But the information is still being sent (Depending on what the app does with the info) But its sending false data (Values that you can change in the "Advance Settings").

So there is really no way for the "end developer collecting data" to complain to google because they will not know any difference.

-Matt

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best part about it, is that the "app" will never know its been modded (Other then it being resigned). But the information is still being sent (Depending on what the app does with the info) But its sending false data (Values that you can change in the "Advance Settings").

So there is really no way for the "end developer collecting data" to complain to google because they will not know any difference.

-Matt

Developer: "Google, I think this app is causing my app to send false data back to me."

Google: "You're collecting that data, why?"

Developer: "What... can't hear... connectio... click."

jcha22

Reaction score
Just purchased

Sweet..just bought it on the market..thanks for the awesome tool!

N4UPD

Reaction score
Does your phone have to be rooted or does it work on stock phones also?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
X,

Yes, I understand that part as well, but this the interwebs. The mere fact that we are discussing it means the info is getting out:) I would also assume that as we can edit a lot of the fields in the advanced menu, the folks getting information back are gonna see some interesting things if a user wants to get "creative".

I had a major crash and burn fixing all three "issues" with better terminal emulator pro, but when I went back in and only nailed the device ID, all is well. I have also used it with a couple of other programs perfectly. Very nice work, indeed. And you mentioned not trying it on Google Apps. If you do so you will see some very "bad" stuff, but no surprise there.

Very well done, Sir.

Craig

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Purchased. Oh, and to anyone having issues downloading, use the website on your computer if you can market.android.com Its so much better. Clicked purchase and immediately started to download on my phone.

That didn't work for me, unfortunately. It kept asking me to sign in again although I was. I solved that by signing out and in again. This time it worked and said it was downloading. Even saw it on my phone. It didn't download, or at least didn't install, until I went to the Market on my phone. It showed "Purchased" and I was able to install it from there.

jayman350

Reaction score
quick question regarding games with stored data

I was "fixing" NFS Shift and at the very end it gives me the options of Install or SDCARD. Under Install, it says that all data associated with that app will be removed.

Does this mean that its going to delete my game data or just the original app? I see that there are a few items for each game I have scanned (Angry Birds, NFS Shift, Ninjump) I just want to check before doing anything that I'm not going to lose my game data.

RockXP

Reaction score
the free version that crashes

the application privacy inspector (process.com.xeudoxus.privacy.inspector) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

::smh::

HamDog

Reaction score
If Google even dares remove this app from my phone, I will dump Android and get an iPhone. I personally don't like iPhones because I don't want Steve Jobs to be my Daddy. But if Google tries to play the Daddy role, I'll go jump on Steve's lap.

This new inspector/Blocker app is revolutionary. It's gonna raise some eye brows. But Google better not touch it!!!

mat4ov

Reaction score
This app is awesome! It's actually the first app that I've purchased and I've had my Droid for well over a year...