Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus

v941726

Reaction score
i installed 0.9 beta and the app tells me it needs access to my private data. funny. isn't that a paradox

J

JohnDroid

Matt and I have become good friends and he is one to go above and beyond in any project as he has done here. He will not sleep and eat (literally) until every bug is fixed and it works perfectly. The app is awesome and you can expect nothing less than incredible work from him.

+1....I don't know if he eats or sleeps : ) but I do know his projects are ALWAYS top notch and professional.

People will be blown away with this application. Its that good.....

Sent from my Droid

I definitely agree as well!

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
i installed 0.9 beta and the app tells me it needs access to my private data. funny. isn't that a paradox

I agree lol, here are the permissions I use

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
So I can save data to the sdcard.

android.permission.INTERNET
So I can access the internet for facebook posts, twitter tweets, emails, and send database info.

android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
This one upset me, but was the only way I could popup the contact list so you can choose your email recipient. I would use the built in email clients to send email (Then it would not require then permission) but no email client supports html emails.

com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE
To check and make sure you bought the app ;)

-Matt

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
How much is the app going to be? and just a random question but why is their a time limit? lol, 4hours to go. You doing maintaining the server or something?

v941726

Reaction score

I agree lol, here are the permissions I use

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
So I can save data to the sdcard.

android.permission.INTERNET
So I can access the internet for facebook posts, twitter tweets, emails, and send database info.

android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
This one upset me, but was the only way I could popup the contact list so you can choose your email recipient. I would use the built in email clients to send email (Then it would not require then permission) but no email client supports html emails.

com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE
To check and make sure you bought the app ;)

-Matt

are there 2 of these apps? did you send out beta's? i just got 0.9

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to touch on any touchy subjects here and sorry if I do, but will we here at the community get first taste before release to the Market? And if not, how much will this puppy cost? I am all for supporting the devs.

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
How much is the app going to be? and just a random question but why is their a time limit? lol, 4hours to go. You doing maintaining the server or something?
Time until release. (Although I did switch servers today)

are there 2 of these apps? did you send out beta's? i just got 0.9
0.9 is the final beta.

Not to touch on any touchy subjects here and sorry if I do, but will we here at the community get first taste before release to the Market? And if not, how much will this puppy cost? I am all for supporting the devs.
Privacy Inspector will be free.
Privacy Blocker will be $2 for 2 weeks, then $4 after.

Privacy Inspector will scan only.
Privacy Blocker will scan and fix.

Privacy Inspector beta was tested back in Jan, announcement went out through my twitter. This month Privacy Blocker was beta tested, announcement went out through twitter.

Follow me on twitter and send msg and ill DM you beta link (Which anyone can get the beta if they follow "Until Release")

-Matt

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
-Matt
Haha nice answer but I get that its the release time. But i guess my question is why is their a release time? Are you fine tuning something still? Why make peeps wait? Their is a nice big announcement on the front page of DF but cant dl it yet. :( Like making peeps wait? Frownie face for the wait. :( Expecially since i arg at twitter, dont own an account and neva will. No beta for me then.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So when it says it will scan, detect and fix the app, what does that mean? Will it stop the apps ability to look at that info? Will it uninstall the app? Will it give the app fake info? Does it modify the app to no longer look at it/require it? Just sounds very odd.

Indeed it does, it baksmali's the classes.dex inside the .apk and looks for effected lines, once a line is detected and you choose to fix that line (you cannot just delete the line, the app will fc) so "user defined data" is used to replace the call to the actual function. So the app still thinks its "getting your data" when actual its getting false data. Then Pb smali, repackages the .apk, resign,uninstall original, then install the modded version.

-Matt

This sounds like an app I will be buying. I have a few free games that pisses me off knowing its collecting data. I know it is, but it has no reason to. I know they are selling the data to other companies and its annoying. You want to put ads in your apps, sure, go ahead. But to mine data, even if my name isn't directly associated with it just so you can in turn sell it, piss off.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Privacy Inspector will be free.
Privacy Blocker will be $2 for 2 weeks, then $4 after.

Does that mean it will be 4 bucks every 2 weeks or 2 bucks for two weeks, then 4 bucks as a one time.

xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
-Matt
Haha nice answer but I get that its the release time. But i guess my question is why is their a release time? Are you fine tuning something still? Why make peeps wait? Their is a nice big announcement on the front page of DF but cant dl it yet. :( Like making peeps wait? Frownie face for the wait. :( Expecially since i arg at twitter, dont own an account and neva will. No beta for me then.

The announcement was made a lil bit early, but yeah. im busting ass right now finishing up on it. The page was meant more for the beta users who have been testing this app for a week (But as I said, announcement went out a bit early).

i agree on waiting though :)

-Matt

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
-Matt

The announcement was made a lil bit early, but yeah. im busting ass right now finishing up on it. The page was meant more for the beta users who have been testing this app for a week (But as I said, announcement went out a bit early).

i agree on waiting though :)

-Matt
Keep up the goodwork. I definetly wont complain for a delay on busting butt. Cant wait to buy it. :)