xeudoxus

Professor X
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
nn-download.blogspot.com
Also not working for 'fixing' is Epocrates.
This application lists 5 problems, including (and what I'm trying to fix):
Phone Number
Unique Device ID

When I try to fix these two problems in the app, the process fails with an Out of Memory Error.

OutOfMemoryError problems are common on large apps. As time goes on, I will reduce the amount of memory baksmali and smali uses, but rebooting your phone and killing all apps might help before you fix.

Also, for support questions http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/131027-support-privacy-blocker.html So other people might see the Q/A

Thanks,
-Matt

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
not sure how I've missed this but it's time to install :)

... after running it. I like what it does... I did not realize it would uninstall the app (wipe all data from it) and then reinstall.

Seems like a ton of work.... and what happens when an app updates? back to square one? Do I have to scan/uninstall/re-install the app all over again?

Are Market links maintained after 'fixing'?

Just some questions....
Market links stay intact, and if you update.... back to square one :( but thats the only way to avoid conflicts i geuss

Correct, but when I enable root features then it will auto backup/restore your data on fixing. (But still have to scan/fix all over again on an update "Impossible to get around it")

-Matt
Root features, CAN NOT WAIT!

troutbeck27

Reaction score
I think this app as a long way to go before it is fully functional.

I purchased it and ran scan and reinstalled the new portions of the apps that said were faulty.

After it was all said and done, I had a about a 1/2 dozen apps that I had in uninstall and then reinstall the original because they no longer worked due to the changes that were made.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

... after running it. I like what it does... I did not realize it would uninstall the app (wipe all data from it) and then reinstall.

Seems like a ton of work.... and what happens when an app updates? back to square one? Do I have to scan/uninstall/re-install the app all over again?

Just some questions....
Market links stay intact, and if you update.... back to square one :( but thats the only way to avoid conflicts i geuss

Just some questions....

Correct, but when I enable root features then it will auto backup/restore your data on fixing. (But still have to scan/fix all over again on an update "Impossible to get around it")

-Matt
Thank you.

Seeing as how the Market link will remain intact, and I'll still be notified of updates (just no auto-update) I'll most likely start the process of getting this set up for each app.

Thanks again!

brockeverly

Reaction score
This app thus far has done nothing but cause me headaches. A long way to go before it should be a paid app. I have lost info from all apps it has touched, and constantly force closes when attempting to install "fixed" apps. I purchased the paid app, and, as luck would have it, the problems were not noticed until after the ridiculous 15 minute trial period.

brockeverly

Reaction score
This app thus far has done nothing but cause me headaches. A long way to go before it should be a paid app. I have lost info from all apps it has touched, and constantly force closes when attempting to install "fixed" apps. I purchased the paid app, and, as luck would have it, the problems were not noticed until after the ridiculous 15 minute trial period.

I have, however, found that if it does not force close while reinstalling it seems to work just fine.