1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

We are excited to announce a new and yet to be released application by DroidForum's very own Xeudoxus. It's called Privacy Inspector/Blocker. This application will put to rest all your concerns and worries about applications having access to your personal information. We've all been there questioning why an app needs access to our contact list. Well worry no more! Privacy Blocker/Inspector will put your mind at ease by it's very powerful, thorough and fast scan engine. This application is NOT an anti-virus program. It's much much more. It scans all your applications and will report all security concerns and/or problems and with the click of a button it will fix them.

There is even an option to exclude trusted applications from the scan to ensure you don't lose functionality of those apps. I've been using it for a few months and all I can say is WOW. For those of you worried about degraded system performance, worry no more. The application does NOT use up precious resources except when you are scanning your applications. After you scan your applications you're all finished. Privacy Blocker/Inspector does not and will not need to run in the background and that is a definite plus in our book.

I give this application an A+++ for it's ease of use and functionality. Not to mention it looks beautiful and very professional as you would come to expect from Xeudoxus. This application will remain on all my Android devices. Check out Xeudoxus's website for more information and grab this application when it's released!!

PRIVACY BLOCKER/INSPECTOR

ck
  2. BOA

BOA New Member

Very nice; can't wait. All of these breaches was starting to worry me too much.
  3. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

I have been scanning some Apps on my phone and already found one that needed to be fixed. Toss It, the game, was capturing some information it didn't need. So I scanned it, fixed it and installed the fixed version all in the app. Very very cool!
  4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

Is that countdown to release? I would assume so except for the text under the heading.
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

So when it says it will scan, detect and fix the app, what does that mean? Will it stop the apps ability to look at that info? Will it uninstall the app? Will it give the app fake info? Does it modify the app to no longer look at it/require it? Just sounds very odd.
  6. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Indeed it does, it baksmali's the classes.dex inside the .apk and looks for effected lines, once a line is detected and you choose to fix that line (you cannot just delete the line, the app will fc) so "user defined data" is used to replace the call to the actual function. So the app still thinks its "getting your data" when actual its getting false data. Then Pb smali, repackages the .apk, resign,uninstall original, then install the modded version.

-Matt
  7. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Matt and I have become good friends and he is one to go above and beyond in any project as he has done here. He will not sleep and eat (literally) until every bug is fixed and it works perfectly. The app is awesome and you can expect nothing less than incredible work from him.
  8. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

that's just awesome...
  9. v941726

v941726 New Member

this sounds good. i love trying new, useful apps!
  10. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

This looks pretty cool! I have the SuperBox app and pressing on the "SafeGuard" button will tell you which apps are asking permissions for what, but it doesn't do anything beyond that.
  11. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Wow, looks very interesting. We all know that google equals ads, advertising and data (mining?), is there a chance that Google will have a problem with this in the ap store? If they do, very big red flags go up in my book.

Craig
  12. macpro88

macpro88 Super Moderator

Can't wait to see what this thing can do! Jrummy has his back, that's enough for me to get excited for an app!
  13. Ubermicro13

Ubermicro13 New Member

3 Hours till release...I think that's what the countdown on the website is for lol
  14. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

This is amazing i cant wait. Ive actually been waiting for something like this, i actually posted a question on xda about an app doing this half a year ago. Finally, thats all i have to say. Ill be getting the donated version of this. (if its not already a paid)
  15. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

+1....I don't know if he eats or sleeps : ) but I do know his projects are ALWAYS top notch and professional.

People will be blown away with this application. Its that good.....

Sent from my Droid
  16. v941726

v941726 New Member

i installed 0.9 beta and the app tells me it needs access to my private data. funny. isn't that a paradox
  17. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

I definitely agree as well!
  18. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I agree lol, here are the permissions I use

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
    So I can save data to the sdcard.

android.permission.INTERNET
    So I can access the internet for facebook posts, twitter tweets, emails, and send database info.

android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
    This one upset me, but was the only way I could popup the contact list so you can choose your email recipient. I would use the built in email clients to send email (Then it would not require then permission) but no email client supports html emails.

com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE
    To check and make sure you bought the app ;)

-Matt
  19. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

How much is the app going to be? and just a random question but why is their a time limit? lol, 4hours to go. You doing maintaining the server or something?
  20. v941726

v941726 New Member

are there 2 of these apps? did you send out beta's? i just got 0.9
Search tags for this page
android app privacy blocker
android privacy blocker apk
androidprivacy blocker
does chompsms have a private box
download privacy blocker apk

privacy blocker

privacy blocker android

privacy blocker apk