Printing from the Rezound

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I read you could connect the Rez to the wireless router via wifi. I got the SN of the router and got into my network but it's asking for an I.P. and port number. Is that the I.P. of my PC? And what port number to use? Tried "searching for printers" but that did nothing.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I read you could connect the Rez to the wireless router via wifi. I got the SN of the router and got into my network but it's asking for an I.P. and port number. Is that the I.P. of my PC? And what port number to use? Tried "searching for printers" but that did nothing.

Is your printer on the network? If it's shared from your PC then you'll need to point at your PC rather than the printer itself. Honestly I haven't even played with this because I'll never print from my phone, but having a printer on the network is the starting point. Try it at work if you can, maybe it will give you a better idea of how it all works.

mcmynd

Reaction score
I have a wireless printer and it works pretty slick to print from my RAZR. But you have to be within range. I'd like to print from anywhere, I found a couple apps that do this (cloud print, etc...) but you have to have your computer logged on at all times. Although with Google cloud print it saves them and prints when you log in (from what I read). They do make printers that are google cloud ready, wish i knew that before i bought this wireless one. If you figure out how to do this without being logged in I'd sure like to know.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Is it a hp printer if so I got one as well hp has a app u can print from anywere with it

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums