Printer apps?

B

budmonster

Are there currently any apps in the market where you can send a document, email, gmail chat, etc. from your phone to your printer. I saw something awhile back but cant remember it.

little_witch_1979

Reaction score
Im playing with the free version of printershare I got from the apps store its not supporting printer to my wireless printer on the network but its printer remotly through the net just need to play with the setting a bit to get it perfected i think not sure if I will upgrade to paid version or not gonna e-mail there tech support some questions

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
printershare was worth paying for to me, have couple networked printers here at home and installed the client app on server so I have access to any of them at any time.

feyvorite

Reaction score
Printershare is the only I could find that worked. It did not work with a Brother printer, but it did work with an HP6500 printer. Works well to print wireless, although you have to print from the Printershare app.
Other way is to print through a computer in the network. (You do not need a WiFi printer with a recognized driver.) This works well, but only gives you 100 prints and then you must purchase more print authorizations. It may be worth it for some.
BTW--Printershare has an extensive list of printers that are recognized by Wifi.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you buy the droid app you can print to the network pc w/o affecting the 100 limit. that limit is to print from the pc to another networked offsite printer.
put almost 200 pages through mine so far and my client app still lists 100 available.
my printers are not wifi so I have to use this method.

OP
B

budmonster

thanks guys ill check it out...so w/ printershare you dont need a wireless printer, correct?

OP
D

davidjmorin

how about an app that will allow wireless printing to a network printer?

OP
B

budmonster

whenever i use printershare, i have to open up the printershare app on my computer to actaully print there page off. i thought once you click print from your phone, it automaticaly prints? is there a way to do this?

toddegreene

Reaction score
If you use Bonjour to add printers to your PC , you don't need the PC application.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im playing with the free version of printershare I got from the apps store its not supporting printer to my wireless printer on the network but its printer remotly through the net just need to play with the setting a bit to get it perfected i think not sure if I will upgrade to paid version or not gonna e-mail there tech support some questions

printershare was worth paying for to me, have couple networked printers here at home and installed the client app on server so I have access to any of them at any time.

Printershare is the only I could find that worked. It did not work with a Brother printer, but it did work with an HP6500 printer. Works well to print wireless, although you have to print from the Printershare app.
Other way is to print through a computer in the network. (You do not need a WiFi printer with a recognized driver.) This works well, but only gives you 100 prints and then you must purchase more print authorizations. It may be worth it for some.
BTW--Printershare has an extensive list of printers that are recognized by Wifi.
Anyone running 2.1 with a functioning printershare? I had it working great until I installed the 2.1 ROM. It FC's before even getting going. Thoughts?

thanks guys ill check it out...so w/ printershare you dont need a wireless printer, correct?
No, I could print to either of my 3 printers and they are all plugged directly in to my switch.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I guess one of the latest updates fixed it.
So consider this a +1 for PrinterShare.

little_witch_1979

Reaction score
ok even with its gliches and the fact it wont print to my wireless network I have to go through the computer I now Love printershare it totally saved my butt this AM had my sortta kinda ex starting crap and then this AM she tried to lie to get my in trouble and I was able to Print all of it as proof should I need it and I informed all involved that I have it printed as proof

beerman1373

Reaction score
SendtoPrinter works for me! I am able to print to my HP Photsmart with no issues!

little_witch_1979

Reaction score
could you explain more how that is working I have a dell printer and an epson printer both on my network (dell is wireless) It tells me the drivers do not exist for me to wireless print on the dell so i did not even bother to purchase the pay version I have to use there printer share program on my laptop and pay almost 5 buck per 100 pages would love to find a cheaper way