Prime Release Date

jleeusa

Reaction score
Like many of you I have had to decide what to replace my OG Droid with. I followed the Bionic all year, have read about the HD and am VERY interested in the Prime. I jumped on the Bionic, couldn't wait(patience is not a virtue of mine). I took advantage of the Costco deal with price and accessory package. I learned that Costco not only has a 30 day return policy (Verizon is 14 day), but they have a 90 day exchange policy. With that in mind, I guess it could be a bit of a crap shoot, but one could get a Bionic now and hope that 1) Costco gets the Prime and 2) it happens within the next 90 days. This is all just food for thought, but I know that many OG owners are limping along. Good luck.dancedroid

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
Like many of you I have had to decide what to replace my OG Droid with. I followed the Bionic all year, have read about the HD and am VERY interested in the Prime. I jumped on the Bionic, couldn't wait(patience is not a virtue of mine). I took advantage of the Costco deal with price and accessory package. I learned that Costco not only has a 30 day return policy (Verizon is 14 day), but they have a 90 day exchange policy. With that in mind, I guess it could be a bit of a crap shoot, but one could get a Bionic now and hope that 1) Costco gets the Prime and 2) it happens within the next 90 days. This is all just food for thought, but I know that many OG owners are limping along. Good luck.dancedroid

I could be wrong but the way I understand it is basically in that 90 day window you could exchange what you got for a new one if there was an issue with it.......Why is that? #1 - Costco (Wireless Advocates) only sells upgrades.....not full retail phones. #2 - After 14 days you are locked into the new contract and no longer eligible for promotional pricing. So if you returned it within 14 days you would be fine.........after 14 days you are no longer eligible for promotional pricing and would not be able to get a new phone at Costco. Personally I bought the Costco bundle as well and I think I am going to return it at wait and see what else is coming out this holiday season.

jleeusa

Reaction score
I could be wrong but the way I understand it is basically in that 90 day window you could exchange what you got for a new one if there was an issue with it.......Why is that? #1 - Costco (Wireless Advocates) only sells upgrades.....not full retail phones. #2 - After 14 days you are locked into the new contract and no longer eligible for promotional pricing. So if you returned it within 14 days you would be fine.........after 14 days you are no longer eligible for promotional pricing and would not be able to get a new phone at Costco. Personally I bought the Costco bundle as well and I think I am going to return it at wait and see what else is coming out this holiday season.

My bad. I was told that while I was waiting for activation on release day. To be honest I didn't buy the Bionic expecting to have to return it, so I didn't get much info. Thanks for clearing up.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
i knew i smelled a rat somewhere,it sounded just 2 good.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man I hope my old d1 can make it that far. If the Vigor comes out much earlier, I may not be able wait.
The only thing the vigor can do 4 me is show me what the res is gonna look like on the prime or galaxy nexus with SAHD.And i meant no disrespect 2 ur choice,if u choose the vigor

bigdad63

Reaction score
The only thing the vigor can do 4 me is show me what the res is gonna look like on the prime or galaxy nexus with SAHD.And i meant no disrespect 2 ur choice,if u choose the vigor
No offense taken. My biggest issues with my d1 (besides getting ready to die) are its screen size, memory, speed and multitasking. While it would be best to buy something without bloat (Prime?), I will more than likely be able to root and rid myself of the crapware. I'm not too concerned with custom roms when I'll be able to dl the launcher, icon packs, and wallpapers of my choosing. I think the vigor, prime, and whatever gs2 variant we get are all going to blow the current phones out of the water. Just as a side note, I have Beats on my HP TouchPad and it is pretty nice if you are into music, so that might be an extra little draw for me.Sent from my firesale HP TouchPad

patriot95

Reaction score
No offense taken. My biggest issues with my d1 (besides getting ready to die) are its screen size, memory, speed and multitasking. While it would be best to buy something without bloat (Prime?), I will more than likely be able to root and rid myself of the crapware. I'm not too concerned with custom roms when I'll be able to dl the launcher, icon packs, and wallpapers of my choosing. I think the vigor, prime, and whatever gs2 variant we get are all going to blow the current phones out of the water. Just as a side note, I have Beats on my HP TouchPad and it is pretty nice if you are into music, so that might be an extra little draw for me.Sent from my firesale HP TouchPad

I want one of those TouchPads you speak of :icon_evil:

Your post = I agree.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I want one of those TouchPads you speak of :icon_evil:

Your post = I agree.

A sweet deal especially since I too hate apple and their monopoly wannabe tactics. Wasn't gonna buy the iPhad or any other crApple product.