Prime Release Date

droidfan11

Reaction score
My friend works for Verizon HQ in Manhattan. I've been bugging him for info on the Prime release, since works in a department that deals with development. You guys can believe this or not, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just stoked and wanted to put it out there. Of course, I've redacted all sensitive info.

Sorry for those hoping for an October release.

View attachment 40259

EFGantry

Reaction score
NICE! this is right where i thought it would release. still hoping for vanilla Andy!!

OP
D

droidfan11

Reaction score
Getting info from him is like pulling teeth, but I will post if he has any more regarding vanilla stock or not. Personally I was really disappointed, I was really hoping for October.

BTW, I talked to him by phone as well and he confirmed it's either one of those two dates.

I don't know why it's not 1 firm date, he said it could have something to do with ICS not being completely ready possibly.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My friend works for Verizon HQ in Manhattan. I've been bugging him for info on the Prime release, since works in a department that deals with development. You guys can believe this or not, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just stoked and wanted to put it out there. Of course, I've redacted all sensitive info.

Sorry for those hoping for an October release.

View attachment 40259

Aren't rumors also that it may be the first quad-core phone? I saw this reported by phonedog, j4lakrs, and others. Also, it may be called the Droid Prime, right?

Anyways, I sure hope this has vanilla stock! It'll likely be my next phone if so.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score
i've been betting all along that it would announce in Oct, but wouldn't release until Nov. besides, i want to check out the Droid HD, too, before i get the Prime. if the Prime came out in Oct, i don't know that i could hold out long enough to wait for the DHD...

Nice job!! this is the most concrete info we've seen yet!

allan1313

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....I doubt it will be 11/24 as that is Thanksgiving...Don't know if they usually release phones on turkey day...I would still buy it that day, but just saying...

I am looking forward to the Prime as I was let down by the Bionic.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Subscribed to follow this thread. Thanks for the info

Hooch0903

Reaction score
Thanks!! I've been going nuts waiting to hear something ...anything sat this point!

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums

bigdad63

Reaction score
Man I hope my old d1 can make it that far. If the Vigor comes out much earlier, I may not be able wait.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turkey day release could spell HUGE Black Friday profits for them...

SJMusic

Reaction score
Great news

It is going to be along couple of months. I to was going to get the Bionic until I heard about the Prime.

Thanks for the info.

creaky

Reaction score
Same here, SJ. And many thanks to the OP for sharing this.

patriot95

Reaction score
Man I hope my old d1 can make it that far. If the Vigor comes out much earlier, I may not be able wait.

I think I'm getting the one that comes out first. I waited till September to upgrade... but everything began saying October... now November. I just want a new, shiny, large (but thin!), LTE device with solid battery life. And I want at least two choices to decide which is why I haven't pounced on a Droid Bionic.