Pricing Structure for Apple Computer

GDP

Reaction score
That is comparing a high-end Apple computer out of the box to individual pieces of a computer from newegg.com. Most consumers don't have the time or patience to put together their own computer. They just want something that works out of the box. I'm not saying it's a good deal, but the comparison is a joke

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree - you're paying for the Apple tax, literally :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand this is in the off-topic forum but is this really necessary? If I didn't know better I would swear these threads are just made to preach people's hatred of apple. It just gets ridiculous how utterly obsessed people are about disliking Apple. I am not accusing the OP to be clear, these threads just pop up all the freaking time. It's why I rarely post here anymore. I don't mind a good discussion from time to time about it, comparing iOS to Android will come up from time to time and that's fine, it's relevant. I just don't see how this is needed???? Especially the guy's last line about not becoming a "mindless sheep". IMO the tables are turning really quick on that, Android fans believe anything and everything that is anti-apple. Whatever I am going to stop before I get too heated. Peace.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand this is in the off-topic forum but is this really necessary? If I didn't know better I would swear these threads are just made to preach people's hatred of apple. It just gets ridiculous how utterly obsessed people are about disliking Apple. I am not accusing the OP to be clear, these threads just pop up all the freaking time. It's why I rarely post here anymore. I don't mind a good discussion from time to time about it, comparing iOS to Android will come up from time to time and that's fine, it's relevant. I just don't see how this is needed???? Especially the guy's last line about not becoming a "mindless sheep". IMO the tables are turning really quick on that, Android fans believe anything and everything that is anti-apple. Whatever I am going to stop before I get too heated. Peace.

Sorry - didn't even see the very bottom of it... just thought the pricing was interesting.

"I am not accusing the OP to be clear" - thanks for saying that... I was hoping you knew me better than that, on here anyway! :)

I hesitated to post for that very reason, b/c I'm with you on all the Apple hatred - but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. Had I even noticed that very bottom line on that picture, it would've tainted my view of the "analysis" in the first place and probably pushed me over the edge of not sharing it...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sorry - didn't even see the very bottom of it... just thought the pricing was interesting.

"I am not accusing the OP to be clear" - thanks for saying that... I was hoping you knew me better than that, on here anyway! :)

I hesitated to post for that very reason, b/c I'm with you on all the Apple hatred - but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. Had I even noticed that very bottom line on that picture, it would've tainted my view of the "analysis" in the first place and probably pushed me over the edge of not sharing it...
Yeah I do, I know your intentions are not to start a flame war.

To offer my opinion, I have owned both Mac's and PC's. My oldest Mac right now is my Mac Mini 2,1. It was made in 2007, it runs as well today as it did the day I bought it. Other than the airport going bad in it, I have had zero issues. The cost of it new was $600. It has a 1.83ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 1 gb of memory. Now if you compare that to a PC from 2007 with those specs, the PC (depending on brand) will probably price out a bit cheaper. However, I own a dell with nearly the same specs and the thing is crippled as all get out. I have to make upgrades to that thing all the time to keep it running. I finally gave up on it this past year and let it die. Now if you were to build a top end PC comparable to a MacPro I would be willing to bet they would nearly price out the same. I can't say that for certain because I have never seen them compared in an unbiased spec by spec chart.
Also a lot is to be said about security of the OS's. I have had no less than 500 trojans on my PC in the time I have had it. I have spent hundreds of dollars on anti-virus software. My Mac has had a total of...........zero trojans and I have spent zero dollars on anti-virus software. Again this is all my opinion but I think in the end the price evens out with possibly and a big possibly the Mac comes out cheaper.

Another little thing, I have had my Mac 4 years and haven't had to buy a new one as the guy said in the link. I don't know where he pulled that from.

cpjr

Reaction score
Mew, if we knew how much any of the electronics we buy cost to actually produce, you'd be pissed at each and every one of them.

With that said, I have a Macbook and Im not being a fanboy, but its the best built, best running laptop I have ever owned. You cant just look at numbers.

PS- Like above me, my Macbook is 4 years old and runs like it was just removed from the box.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what I think we sound like when we argue apple vs android on the forum, haha

[video=youtube;_JmA2ClUvUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmA2ClUvUY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is what I think we sound like when we argue apple vs android on the forum, haha

lol... i am so saving that and pulling it out (if you don't beat me to the punch!) the next time a flame-fest starts... any subject, not just apple/android! ;)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

lol... i am so saving that and pulling it out (if you don't beat me to the punch!) the next time a flame-fest starts... any subject, not just apple/android! ;)

haha, yes the video could fit in any subject that pits one against the other. The first time I watched that I was laughing so hard. I really want to know what those 2 kids are saying to eachother.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah I do, I know your intentions are not to start a flame war.

To offer my opinion, I have owned both Mac's and PC's. My oldest Mac right now is my Mac Mini 2,1. It was made in 2007, it runs as well today as it did the day I bought it. Other than the airport going bad in it, I have had zero issues. The cost of it new was $600. It has a 1.83ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 1 gb of memory. Now if you compare that to a PC from 2007 with those specs, the PC (depending on brand) will probably price out a bit cheaper. However, I own a dell with nearly the same specs and the thing is crippled as all get out. I have to make upgrades to that thing all the time to keep it running. I finally gave up on it this past year and let it die. Now if you were to build a top end PC comparable to a MacPro I would be willing to bet they would nearly price out the same. I can't say that for certain because I have never seen them compared in an unbiased spec by spec chart.
Also a lot is to be said about security of the OS's. I have had no less than 500 trojans on my PC in the time I have had it. I have spent hundreds of dollars on anti-virus software. My Mac has had a total of...........zero trojans and I have spent zero dollars on anti-virus software. Again this is all my opinion but I think in the end the price evens out with possibly and a big possibly the Mac comes out cheaper.

Another little thing, I have had my Mac 4 years and haven't had to buy a new one as the guy said in the link. I don't know where he pulled that from.

there u go.

i also have owned both and am not loyal to one OS or the other. but I must say, theres a lot less hassle when it comes to Apple computers than my HP and my other windows machines. Sure, its a bit pricier but its dropped considerably than what it was in previous years. And as for CS, no one can touch what Apple offers.

But hey, if u like buying anti-virus software, then apple isnt for you :icon_ banana: