Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sansavi, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sansavi

sansavi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the announcement of the Droid BIONIC, I for sure know where my promo upgrade is going, but speculations putting the release around March or April. I'm still rocking the D1, and i have some cash laying around and I'm looking for a phone to hold me over.

Question being, what would you pay for a used DX? Some dude near me is offering HDMI dock with screen covers and 2 holsters for 299. Would you take it?

2. kevinkar

kevinkar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A used product needs to be less than you can get it new on the open market. If you get a subsidized phone for $199 or less you can use the savings to buy $10 worth of screen covers, a couple of reasonably cheap holsters for $20 and a dock for maybe $40 and still have a bit of money left over.

So, if you did your homework and took some time to search, I bet you could get a new phone and the same accessories for less. It all depends on how much time you are willing to spend.

I recently got the Droid X Essentials Pack (HDMI AND car docks, wall AND car charger, HDMI cable, and a stereo cable (to plug into an Aux input in your car or other device) for $50 and an extended battery for $25. A couple of cheap but reasonable screen covers at a local store for $8 and don't use a holster as the X fits in my jeans pocket nicely.

This deal you mention for $300 does not seem to be worth it in my opinion.

3. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You wont find much better of a deal than that. I just picked up a droid x on ebay, was one of the cheaper ones on at the moment, paid 350, with no accessories.

4. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0

He doesnt want to use his upgrade, he wants something to hold him over until he uses his upgrade in a few months.

5. kevinkar

kevinkar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't imagine spending $300 for a few months of use. I mean, what's the point of the upgrade if you are going to "waste" $300 in the mean time? It's like having 100,000 frequent flier miles for a free ticket only to spend $300 on a First Class upgrade. Renders the free ticket moot.

I see what you are saying though but to tack on $300 for three months, I shudder at that thought!

6. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    We also don't know how much the pricing plan will be for 4G, or how much the devices will be at the subsidized price (they might not be the standard $199 w/ MIR, they could be more). If you have some spare, cash, might want to put it away. A few months is NOT that long to wait. You've already come this far.