Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Pricing info leaked for the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola XOOM

Pricing-info-leaked-for-the-HTC-Thunderbolt-and-the-Motorola-XOOM.jpg

Leaked internal documents show what Verizon has in mind for the minimum advertised price (MAP) for the HTC Thunderbolt smartphone and the Motorola XOOM tablet. The HTC Thunderbolt with its 4.3 inch display and LTE connectivity, will have a MAP of $249.99, at least until July 21st. That price, of course, includes a signed two-year contract.

10.1 inch tablet also features:

• Tegra 2 dual-core chipset
  • Android 3.0.
  • A MAP for the tablet-also until July 21st- And is Priced at $799.99.

The leaked document shows what Verizon's minimum advertised price will be for the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola XOOM

Source: Phone Arena Via Android Central

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
$800 for a 10 inch tablet... Someone help me.. I could get a REALLY nice laptop for less than that and wireless tether it to my phone for free (rooted). I just don't get the tablet hype.

mach330

Reaction score
that xoom better not truly be $800 or it will be another galaxy tab. yes it sold well, but they brought the price down in 2 mos. it could've done better if priced right. i can almost guarantee you the iPad 2 won't be more than $600. I think $600 is the mark for 3g/4g tabs and $500 for wifi.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
that xoom better not truly be $800 or it will be another galaxy tab. yes it sold well, but they brought the price down in 2 mos. it could've done better if priced right. i can almost guarantee you the iPad 2 won't be more than $600. I think $600 is the mark for 3g/4g tabs and $500 for wifi.

Completely agree.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
$800 for a 10 inch tablet... Someone help me.. I could get a REALLY nice laptop for less than that and wireless tether it to my phone for free (rooted). I just don't get the tablet hype.

Hmmmm, and people said the iPad was overpriced? This is beating them and then some. Wow.

Yes, and no. The high end iPad is $830. And there is no WiFi only version of he Xoom to compete with the lowest priced iPads, yet.

So Motorola will be competing against Apple on the high end of the market instead of the low end. Bit of a role reversal there.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Hmmmm, and people said the iPad was overpriced? This is beating them and then some. Wow.

Yes, and no. The high end iPad is $830. And there is no WiFi only version of he Xoom to compete with the lowest priced iPads, yet.

So Motorola will be competing against Apple on the high end of the market instead of the low end. Bit of a role reversal there.

You're right, actually. I was basing my pricing on the wifi iPad since I don't do 3G on it (tether off my Incredible instead). They are right in line on 3G.

Thanks for the catch.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am just saying... for $800 and a 2 year contract to boot... I could get a laptop that would outperform the tab in every way, be bigger screen, whatever... and I could do it for less money and have no contract.

Don't get me wrong, the nerd in me wants a tablet.. i really do.. but I just can't figure out a good reason to do it.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to assume here.. $800 fot the tablet adn $30 a month for 2 years for a data plan.. that's $1520. When I see numbers that big I think.. 50" + TV, Xbox, furniture, landscaping, maid, quad monitor PC (yes I would use that), BEER, etc.... I just can't bring myself to get one.

UNC

Reaction score
I am going to assume here.. $800 fot the tablet adn $30 a month for 2 years for a data plan.. that's $1520. When I see numbers that big I think.. 50" + TV, Xbox, furniture, landscaping, maid, quad monitor PC (yes I would use that), BEER, etc.... I just can't bring myself to get one.

My guess is it'll be subsidized down to 400 or 500 with a contract.
$600 for a phone is more ridiculous than 800 for a tablet IMO.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jayb

Reaction score
Well I guess I will switch to the dark side now........ty Verizon and Motorola for completely ruining my experience with android!

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
This tab better have an app that pays my bills for me cuz ill be a broke moron after that..$800!?!?! Umm no thank you

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums App

Limbwalker

Reaction score
$800 + contract sure seems a bit pricey. As bad as I want one, I'll wait for the price to drop . . . dancedroid

souljerr

Reaction score
Seems to pricey for a new tablet trying to crack the iPad strangle hold on the tablet market. Guess it will be an iPad2 for me. (Unless they've got crazy pricing too)

Damn I was looking forward to the Xoom.