price increase

gohoosiers

Reaction score
RAZR is $199.99 and Maxx is $259.99 on VZW website today! What's up with that? They were $99.99 and $199.99 respectively last week.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Dad & Grad sale. Father day was yesterday, and most kids graduated early June.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure how Verizon is going to sell older model phones at $200 and above when the GS3 is in stock and sitting on the shelf for $199.

Thorz

Reaction score
I just saw that too, and I'm not liking it. I was on the phone with Verizon yesterday going to order the RAZR for my step daughter and decided to call back today... If they won't honor the price, I'll freak out, lol.

todroid

Reaction score
They had $100 of any Morolola phone promotion going for Dads and Grads. Looks like it expired the day after Father's day. It was on their website the whole time and it did say "for a limited time only".

OP
G

gohoosiers

Reaction score
I missed the "for a limited time". Think I will be going with the Rezound also.

mbell75

Reaction score
RAZR is $199.99 and Maxx is $259.99 on VZW website today! What's up with that? They were $99.99 and $199.99 respectively last week.

Awesome news. That way when the S3 comes out and I sell my Maxx, I can ask for more than I thought I was going to be able to!

me4droid

Reaction score
Yep, July 4th sales will probably start after the June 28 plan changes. :( I need to upgrade 2 phones before then and now am looking at a big price jump. Guess I'll see what I can find at amazon and costco.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not looked at the site yet but assuming the price increase is true and I assume it is - clearly it would be to take advantage of the flock looking to snag a phone before the June 28th deadline. Free Market supply and demand, makes sense. Some may not like it and they can vote with their feet if they so choose.
It is the way of our market econonomy folks, don't complain unless you complain when your Verizon stock price goes up too. Can't have it both ways.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had to fight for it, but I got a Razr Maxx today for $70.00, and got to keep my unlimited data plan since I did it before June 28th. And I will have 4G speeds now too. :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Congratulations!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
me4droid said:
Yep, July 4th sales will probably start after the June 28 plan changes. :( I need to upgrade 2 phones before then and now am looking at a big price jump. Guess I'll see what I can find at amazon and costco.

RAZR is $149 and Maxx is $249 at Costco, as of Father's Day. RAZR will have a mail in for Motorola branded HD Dock, HDMI cable, and portable battery charger. Maxx is home delivery and will come with HD Dock. Verizon, in my area, also had the $40 bill credit for 4g devices over the weekend.