Price drop coming?

Snoking

Reaction score
I want a Rezound to replace my Droid 1. Is there going to be another price drop Friday the 10th? Chris

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

budlight4me

Reaction score
Got mine for 150 2 weeks ago, hope doesn't go too much lower right yet ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

samiusmc

Reaction score
I want a Rezound to replace my Droid 1. Is there going to be another price drop Friday the 10th? Chris

I paid $299 for mine. They dropped the price a week after I got it to $199. I called Verizon and they credited me for the price difference. A lot of others on this site did the same thing as me. I think Verizon will honor the new price and credit you if the price does drop within a reasonable time of you purchasing it.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I just demanded a refund for mine too. That really irritates me.

mpetrie84

Reaction score

i just ordered the phone. price was $200 but with a $50 credit with my upgrade went down to $150

and on another note, with the vzw tradein program, i'll be getting $79 for my incredible2 making my new phone just over $70. not too bad.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Let's Talk has it for $179. They may even have a promo code deal pop up around that time.

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Cool, VZW web site says they will give me a wooping 7 dollars for my very clean Droid 1. Maybe if I told them it was rooted with CM7! Chris

PapiLouis

Reaction score
You can get the rezound on amazon for $79.99 with a new contract or if u add a line. However, i'm assuming you're going to upgrade, which is $159.99. On the upside you wont have to pay taxes through amazon, well at least here in CA you don't.

Scouser

Reaction score
Cool, VZW web site says they will give me a wooping 7 dollars for my very clean Droid 1. Maybe if I told them it was rooted with CM7! Chris

Sold mine on Craigslist for 70

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Al though Amazon offers great prices on their phones, their stipulation is that you keep that phone activated on your line for at least 181 days, this is how long they receive reports as a third party re-seller from VZW that you are a customer still.

So if you don't mind having the same phone for 6 months, its a great deal of what Amazon offers.

The only way to change devices is through warranty replacements, at that 181 days rule still applies, but applies from the date you first signed up/upgraded/etc...

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Other wise they charge you 250$ if you change phones on that line outside of a warranty replacement.

When they had that penny deal going on, I got the Bionic for a penny, and keeping that specific phone active for 181 days to avoid the charge is what stops ppl from getting the phone for a penny, and then just activating a dumb phone on the line and selling the penny phone for pure profit.

But I went through 3 Bionics with VZW and they eventually sent me the Rezound, Amazon never charged me and I called to make sure, and so it seems that I got the Rezound for a penny :D

PapiLouis

Reaction score
@macpro88 yah thats true, you do need to keep ur phone activated for 181 days, but then again I would think someone getting the rezound would want to keep for at least a year. I plan on keeping my maxx for at least 2 years...maybe more.

OP
Snoking

Snoking

Reaction score
Ordered a Rezound this morning. $99.99. Will most likely sell the beats ear buds and nice OG Droid. How do I clean up the Droid before selling it and leave it on CM7?