Previous iPhone owner, now Droid.

BlackGoat226

Reaction score
Hey there,
I was with AT&T with one year for the iPhone and it had been great. Up until this month their coverage was great, fast internet and the best apps. Then I started dropping calls out of nowhere at least three times a day. So here I am, on the Droid and it's alright. It's got a lot of bugs and feels sluggish for it's processor but I also understand it's only Android 2.0 and I hope with the rumored OTA update on the 11th it'll keep me from going back to AT&T. I see a lot of potential for this phone, the multi-tasking is great but it can eat up that RAM real quick, which I was able to do on the iPhone anyway thanks to jailbreaking it. I'm sure this phone will be great, and if the iPhone ever comes to Verizon like it's been rumored, then it'll be a match made in heaven. Hope to contribute to the forums.
:icon_ banana:

Thanks.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
I was kind of in the same boat but with the Pre on Sprint (heh, minus the best apps part). You might want to check out Advanced Task Killer to help manage your apps, it's not quite WebOS's card system but it works pretty well. I keep a copy of it on my main desktop.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well my friends with the iphone hadn't been as lucky as you with coverage, lol. They got dropped calls at least 3-5 times a day, since they got the phone. I just don't want to have to jailbreak a phone to do this i want with it, i know that is a FAR out there request but heck lol.

OP
B

BlackGoat226

Reaction score
Not having to Jailbreak a phone to do simple stuff like keep Pandora running in the background, have a decent calendar app, I have to say... It's nice lol. As far as the multi-tasking, I'm using this app called Advance Task Killer which isn't that great. When I got my droid, the rep advised me of an app that will kill anything that isn't used for 15 minutes. Which sounds great because sometimes I forget I was using face book, might as well kill it to save me some ram. On top of that, last night I added six email accounts, personal, school, and work. This morning I check my droid and I have no notifications... Which is weird because on my iPhone, I would have had at least ten emails to go through. I restart my droid, and once it turns on it tells me I have emails... That my good man, is whack. Their not push accounts, I set them all up through the e-mail app and have them set on one hour interval refresh. Any idea why it wasn't checking for emails over night? I have the widget that manages your connections and I had Sync, and GPS on, 3G coverage where I live so I don't know?