Prevent restoring apps?

radioz

Reaction score
Well, this is embarrasing!

I've been flashing roms for a long time, but I've forgotten how to prevent the automatic application downloads from happening! Can someone remind me?

I thought it was pressing the 4 corners of the Google registration screen.

I just installed 2.1 (Nice!!) and I went to download Titanium Backup so I could restore my apps and settings, and suddenly all my apps started downloading.

Thanks for the help

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Edit : that's a good question - I thought that I would make a copy of titanium on the SD and install it from there, but I couldn't access it without Root Explorer from the Market -

I do have a modified Root Explorer that I keep in the system/app folder and this is probably how I get around this - I have not had to wipe/clear data/cache for awhile so I don't remember but chances are I flash ROM and then my Modified system/apps in an update.zip which then gives me Root Explorer to access the titanium.apk on the SD

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I make a copy of the titanium.apk on my SD before flashing a new ROM and install it from there cutting out the Market until after my apps have installed via titanium

Me too but some ROMs don't come with a file manager to be able to get to it. Is there another way to get to it? Only if there is no file manager do I dare open the market.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
M/D - I edited my previous post for a better solution