Prevent a thief or bastard from erasing your phone?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by techlife95, Jun 20, 2017.

1. techlife95

techlife95 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    kennyreid95
    I fear a mean bastard will steal my phone & could go into my android phones recovery & wipe data partition all my files gone & then the phone will be theirs oh no! How can I prevent a person from getting into recovery wipe partition is it possible?

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,251
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    The only way they could do that is if they physically have your phone in their possession and you either: have no lock screen security enabled, or they know your lock screen security password / PIN / pattern. If you have good lock screen security enabled and know how to remotely find & lock your phone with Android Device Manager I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. me just sayin

me just sayin Silver Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +473
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    maybe I read your question wrong so forgive me if I did...

if you phone is stolen would it not be better if the phone got wiped? if you are afraid of losing your data and files, then you need to be keeping a backup. Once you lose control of your phone, there is not much you can do to prevent them from wiping it and reselling it - especially if it ends up overseas. If my phone got stolen, the first thing I would do is to remote wipe it if possible.

• Like Like x 2