Pretty sure I'm bricked.

keyblade

Reaction score
Battery pulled after a boot loop installing Simply Stunning 4.4

Phone won't start.

Probably nothing you guys can help with but I figured that I might as well ask if there was anything I could do.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pretty sure you aren't.

Phone does nothing, no slightly brightening of the screen?

Hold X while rebooting does nothing?
hold up-arrow on dpad while reboot does nothing?

OP
keyblade

keyblade

Reaction score
Yeah nothing. Its all completely unresponsive. No screen flickering or anything.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plugged into the usb port of your computer, which I'm assuming you probably are right now, is the white LED lit next to the socket the cord goes into the phone?

If the phone is totally dead I'd move to the wall charger for a couple of hours, making sure that LED is lit. Let us know if it is or not.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah nothing. Its all completely unresponsive. No screen flickering or anything.

It's pretty hard to brick a Droid. What got you in this shape in the first place? Reason I ask is maybe we can either avoid it from happening to someone else or possibly get some assistance for you.

OP
keyblade

keyblade

Reaction score
Thats the issue, I'm not particularly sure. I literally just used Rom Manager (which I never do, but was feeling lazy) to download SS 4.4, wipe data/cache, etc. It booted into recovery, did a backup, installed, then rebooted. Got in to a boot loop.

I battery pulled, and now the phone won't boot for some reason.

EDIT: Yeah, I had the phone plugged in to the USB port of my netbook for about an hour, though the light IS lit which gave me hope that maybe there is something wrong with the battery. Still unresponsive but I have hope, no wall charger with me at the moment.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plug it into the USB or wallcharger..does the little light light up?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats the issue, I'm not particularly sure. I literally just used Rom Manager (which I never do, but was feeling lazy) to download SS 4.4, wipe data/cache, etc. It booted into recovery, did a backup, installed, then rebooted. Got in to a boot loop.

I battery pulled, and now the phone won't boot for some reason.

EDIT: Yeah, I had the phone plugged in to the USB port of my netbook for about an hour, though the light IS lit which gave me hope that maybe there is something wrong with the battery. Still unresponsive but I have hope, no wall charger with me at the moment.

But how can that be. This is like the second coming of Christ, and only for a few dollars :rolleyes:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm..well not sure of the charging time on the usb port varies between computer/power supply, but if you don't have a charger I'd say let it charge on the usb for a good 8 hours.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm..well not sure of the charging time on the usb port varies between computer/power supply, but if you don't have a charger I'd say let it charge on the usb for a good 8 hours.

The usb port takes way longer. If my iPod is dead the usb charger for that won't even let it connect to itunes until it is charged enough.

Keyblade, most likely you will see the phone attempt to reboot by itself, because it is on the charger, but not have enough juice to do so. After a while of bootlooping it will be charged enough to boot fully up.

Do you recall your battery level before starting?

If you can get into recovery, things are good, but your phone will not charge in that state so don't leave it there. What little charge you have will drain out again. Best to let it sit a while on charge.

OP
keyblade

keyblade

Reaction score
Battery was registering at a full charge before I started. However I got a hold of one of my room mates battery from his Droid (full charged) and it rebooted and I recovered to Sapphire. Of course he tells me that screwing with my phone/rooting etc. blah blah blah ruined it -- we all know thats not true, haha.

Not sure how I managed to kill the battery, but I did. :) Thanks for your help guys, I'll have to get another one or see if charging using his wall charger fixes it. He was sleeping, didn't want to wake him up.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery was registering at a full charge before I started. However I got a hold of one of my room mates battery from his Droid (full charged) and it rebooted and I recovered to Sapphire. Of course he tells me that screwing with my phone/rooting etc. blah blah blah ruined it -- we all know thats not true, haha.

Not sure how I managed to kill the battery, but I did. :) Thanks for your help guys, I'll have to get another one or see if charging using his wall charger fixes it. He was sleeping, didn't want to wake him up.

Sometimes the phone only thinks the battery is dead, not sure why.
Let your battery charge for a while and you most likely will be good to go.

On the battery being dead, it might be.
On the phone being bricked, I think not:)

Glad it worked out!