Pretty sure I'm bricked....

Fenway72

Reaction score
I installed the gingerbread "monster_2.3.something...

And it installed fine, but now when it boots, it boots up to where I see my lock screen. Then after unlockeing, I have a black screen with a notification bar at the top. I see the syncing icon, wifi, a blue triangle, my signal bars, battery, and the time.

Other than that....

A black screen.

Nothing else. It's been like this for about 20 min.

I tried going into recovery, but when I get to the droid picture with the tringle and hit the search button- nothing happens.

I cannot even get into recovery now and my phone is stuck on a black screen. I've tried a battery pull and it does nothing.

Any fixes for this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you can't wipe data in stock recovery and you can't get into clockwork. I have this monster file sitting on my sd waiting to be flashed but i keep reading stuff like this that deters me. You may have no option but to sbf if the above stuff didn't work. Can you get into the bootloader?

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging in without the battery in then putting the battery back and booting up to try and get in clockwork? Just want to cover all the bases

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
actually you can get into recovery just use the volume up and down buttons i believe after doing power on and x. I will need to check that again to be sure.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the d2 its power and up on the keyboard.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i was referring to getting into cwr not bootloader. I just did it on my d2 running monster ginger bread and its power on and x. then hit volume up and volume down for recovery so you can wipe data and cache. If you are bricked then you would boot into bootloader and flash rsdlite.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hm. Power and up =stock recovery, power and x=bootloader. That's what I was taught and I'm on a d2. Perhaps those combinations change once you flash gb. I can only speak from experience.

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Have you tried plugging in without the battery in then putting the battery back and booting up to try and get in clockwork? Just want to cover all the bases

this update wipes the phone so I understand. Therefore i would no longer have clockwork installed.

I will try your method though..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My bad. Its the other way around. I mis wrote it. My fault

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score

nope. Doesn't work.

And i have no data cable to sbf...

duyna

Reaction score
Usually comes with the data cable, notice your screen name you from boston, I can help you out if your local

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Okay. I'm good now. Was trying to use the pwr+x to get into the loader. Was pwr+volume buttons.

Problem though is all is fine but bluetooth. No voice over BT. Seems there is no fix for this.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird. I use power and the up key. Didn't know the volume keys got you into Bootloader too. Glad it worked out

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Yeah. I never knew either. Just need to fix the bluetooth and I'm set.