press 'menu' to unlock

diggity

Reaction score
Hello all. Just got home with this new gadget, and only have one real complaint so far. Is there any way to disable the menu key from unlocking the screen? I normally keep my phone in my front pocket, and I can already imagine how many times my phone will unlock in my pocket.

DeekBoy

Reaction score
i dont think so and it should unlock since the only way to have it wake up is to hit the power button on top

xBBuser

Reaction score
Check out Mylock in the Market. I had it on my Droid and now works great on the Inc.
When installed the 'Menu' button (not the 'power' button as suggested in the second post. That will always wake a unit up) will not turn the screen on. Just checked mine to verify

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The buttons are capacitive, I don't see any way your phone would unlock in that manner while being in your pocket.

R1Lover

Reaction score
It only unlocks it after hitting the power button.... so what's the issue?

It can't do this in your pocket really...

p.s. but a holster also... much better imo.

BzB

Reaction score
the capacitive menu button? lol. yeah, those soft keys don't do anything unless the screen is already unlocked and on. the only 'button' that wakes the phone is the power button. and then you have to slide to unlock the screen before anything can happen, just like the droid

screen lock bypass apps like screenmodewidget and mylock just allow you to bypass the slide to unlock, so when you press a button to turn the screen on you're right at your home screen.

blake

Reaction score
my dad has the eris and i have the incredible and we both call people by accident frequently. I dont know if the menu button is to blame for this but its definately an issue

o0jmadr0x0o

Reaction score
i just enabled the security pattern, works great to prevent pocket dialing.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly does your phone do pocket dialing, first you must press the Power button on top to activate the screen, then you must either scroll down the unlock bar OR press the Menu button for you to be able to access any of the functions of your Incredible. I never had any issues of the phone doing any accidental dialing or web browsing or any sort of activity unless I wanted it to.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Wow, I never noticed that hitting Menu will unlock the phone