Presentation

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ianekin, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ianekin

ianekin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm new at this forum, so I just want to say hello and post my comment on motorola droid.

I now own a motorola fire, and I REALLY MISS a navigation button (up-down-right-left, select-copy...etc). I find the Fire a bit slow to open the apps, so when I need to find a contact it takes around 15 seconds sometimes!. That might be because I use up almost all the capacity (I have tasks apps, viber, whatsapp and several utilities more for my work, ant that takes it all up!), I seem to need far more than 256M of memory, so I was thinking of getting a motorola droid pro, that seems so far the best option in android smartphones with physical qwerty.

BUT I realize that, like the fire, a navigation key (cursor) is missing. It's really a hassle to use excels and have to tap with the finger, I have small fingertips, but still I miss the cell very often, especially if I'm using it "on the go" which is pretty much always. Also with any sort of text, a navigation button is a very necessary feature.

Please, will some time the smartphone makers think of that? The sort of customers who want a physical qwerty are usually people using it for professional purposes, and probably they are going to write long texts with the smartphone, so we need that navigation key.

For now, I'll stick to the fire even though I have to carry around 2 phones for space matters, and wait until a proper android physical-qwerty-with-navigation-key-and-enough-memory-space device arrives. It seems to be hard to find! I'm I that weird needing all that? Is it that difficult in this day and age of tech development?

Greetings to y'all!
    Ianekin

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to DroidForums!! Sorry to here you are not completely satisfied with your fire. I am not too familiar with it or the things you are looking for, admittedly I am a pretty boring user myself. But I hope you can at some point find a device that meets your needs.

For now welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

3. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. dancedroid

4. ianekin

ianekin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx to all!

Yes, I'll keep waiting. Thanx!