Prepping to move on?

razor2006

Reaction score
Anyone else preparing yourself to move on past the TB? I have a DINC now, and I love Sense, but I've actually sat here tonight contemplating buying LauncherPro and forcing myself to get used to/like it in anticipation of having to buy a non-HTC Android phone. I've been die hard looking forward to the TB, but anymore, I just don't know... :icon_evil:

motty69

Reaction score
The news that came out today has everyone thinking the worst. We really can't say for sure if there are any true "show-stopper" type issues. Everything in the WorldofJohnBoy thread makes me think there could be an issue with the 4G, but everything else is pretty solid.

Sent from my Eris

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was set on the TB being my next phone as my OG Droid is on life-support at this point. What's worse is that there isn't any else on VZW's line up that I want-I feel that it would be a lateral move as far as technology etc. I would always want an improvement on tech and not just a different looking phone.

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
I'll make my decision in about 9 days.

Heard that. However, I'm basically just sitting on my thumb waiting on next gen hardware. I have a DINC now, which is cool and what not, but I'm craving some cutting edge. Thunderbolt has been my obsession thus far. Dual-core or not, I'm still leaning away from the Bionic, for obvious reasons. Black_man_x speaks rather highly of the Samsung Stealth, or whatever it ends up being called. Who knows. dancedroid

pookibr

Reaction score
me too. I was looking forward to the TB being my first droid but it is looking dim. So now I dont know what to get.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
I was waiting for the TB also preordered from BB.my droid felt old & sluggish.I gave up on feb. 28th I purchased the iPhone & honestly could not be happier.never thought I would even consider anything other than android,but went into Verizon just to fix a problem w/ my wifes phone.I played w/ the enemy & fell under it's spell almost immediately.the smoothness is amazing & the apps......well they speak for themselves ( far more superior ).once I looked past the android vs apple bs I realized the iPhone was perfect for me.I was tired of constantly tweaking my phone for it to work right. Also I was fed up w/ d/l Roms & reading about my rom is better than yours. Now I pick up my phone use it & put it away.just that simple.my battery is measured in days now instead of hours.I don't hear my wife saying get off that phone anymore & my daughter is also happy to not see my Phone unless we are playing a game together.overall I'm happy to own the iPhone, but I'll always be grateful to the droid forum community.I don't hesitate to tell my friends how good android is & will get.so if your still waiting on the TB pick up the iPhone for a few minutes & see if you like it.

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I was waiting for the TB also preordered from BB.my droid felt old & sluggish.I gave up on feb. 28th I purchased the iPhone & honestly could not be happier.never thought I would even consider anything other than android,but went into Verizon just to fix a problem w/ my wifes phone.I played w/ the enemy & fell under it's spell almost immediately.the smoothness is amazing & the apps......well they speak for themselves ( far more superior ).once I looked past the android vs apple bs I realized the iPhone was perfect for me.I was tired of constantly tweaking my phone for it to work right. Also I was fed up w/ d/l Roms & reading about my rom is better than yours. Now I pick up my phone use it & put it away.just that simple.my battery is measured in days now instead of hours.I don't hear my wife saying get off that phone anymore & my daughter is also happy to not see my Phone unless we are playing a game together.overall I'm happy to own the iPhone, but I'll always be grateful to the droid forum community.I don't hesitate to tell my friends how good android is & will get.so if your still waiting on the TB pick up the iPhone for a few minutes & see if you like it.

When iPhone came out for Verizon I picked it up for the first time...played with it a little...just doesn't feel right to me. I have fat fingers and need a bigger screen if I'm going to be using a virtual keyboard. I'm waiting for the TB no matter what.

jkc3usc

Reaction score
Apple is what has delayed the whole thing. So many Iphones they cant sell. Ipad2 now just further proves who is running Verizon now

Lorie

Reaction score
Apple is what has delayed the whole thing. So many Iphones they cant sell. Ipad2 now just further proves who is running Verizon now

yep with the ipad2 coming out march 11. but still waiting for my TB:heart:

Reaction score
Anyone else preparing yourself to move on past the TB? I have a DINC now, and I love Sense, but I've actually sat here tonight contemplating buying LauncherPro and forcing myself to get used to/like it in anticipation of having to buy a non-HTC Android phone. I've been die hard looking forward to the TB, but anymore, I just don't know... :icon_evil:

I marked part of your post in bold because that is the most important part about your statement. If you love Sense UI on your DInc, then I have zero doubt that you will love the TBolt. I've had the DX since it came out last summer, and though it has served me reletively well, I would probably have purchased the DInc if I had to do it all over again, even with a smaller screen and older/slower HW.

It is apparent to me now that if there are any issues, it has everything to do with 4G LTE and is not a result of any phone issues. I believe VZW said this would be the first LTE phone released and I think it still will be... my guess is that the Bionic, Samsung, etc. will be released AFTER the TBolt, just so that this phone can have an exclusive window. Remember, there are no 4G LTE phones released yet, and when the first phone(s) are released on the new network, one will definitely be the TBolt.

Reaction score

Believe me, I've been close to making the plunge to the dark side, but if I'm ever going to do it, no way I'll do it on an 9 month old device.

DJStormX

Reaction score

I fell victim to it as well. Just needed something new to play with. Although if something new comes out within the next week before my lock in date ill probably return it then but I'm startin to kinda have a feel for it. :)

Reaction score

I fell victim to it as well. Just needed something new to play with. Although if something new comes out within the next week before my lock in date ill probably return it then but I'm startin to kinda have a feel for it. :)

Ugh, patience really is a virtue. HTC Sense UI on the TBolt is as smooth as any iOS I have used.