Preparing for Factory Hard Reset

Swedish Pimple

Reaction score
I've been having the battery issue that seems to plague some 2.2 users and think I'm ready to take the plunge and do the factory reset. I don't mind reinstalling apps, but what about apps previously downloaded that are no longer available in the market (e.g. Music Junk). Any way I can save that app for reinstall after factory hard reset?

Thanks,
SP

Troops2990

Reaction score
You should be able to use astro to back up your apps to your sd card.

myriad46

Reaction score
It's a feature under tools. Just so you know....if you backup and restore all your apps, people have had an issue where it no longer prompts them to update the app after that. So, just use it for the ones you can't redownload.

forkup

Reaction score
This is where titanium backup really shines, it has a feature that will restore market links.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is where titanium backup really shines, it has a feature that will restore market links.

All I can say is I have titanium, I do nightly back ups and it did not work for me after I did a wipe, data and cache. Matter of fact Titanium didn't even show up on my download list I had to go and get it (it was free).

Nobody could explain to me why it failed. Astro definitely will not work.

OP
S

Swedish Pimple

Reaction score
It's a feature under tools. Just so you know....if you backup and restore all your apps, people have had an issue where it no longer prompts them to update the app after that. So, just use it for the ones you can't redownload.

Myriad,

Where is tools?

edit: nevermind, I found it under Astro.

Hookbill, why won't Astro backup or Titanium backup work? Any other solution to issue described in OP?

Thanks in advance,
SP

Last edited: