1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Preparing a Droid 1 for resale

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mitchb2, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

After I do a factory reset, I want to erase all my personal files from the SD card. What files need to remain to put it in a "factory fresh" state?
  2. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

Did you have it rooted with any custom boot images or boot animations? A factory reset will not get rid of those, only a full sbf will unless you have the stock logo and animation you can reflash.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Nope, it's stock.
  4. AmukamraIsAGiant

AmukamraIsAGiant New Member

Can a thread link or web link be forwarded?

I want to factory reset my droid. I cannot boot into recovery, but i'm not a master by any sense in troubleshooting boot issues. My Droid 1 is rooted, running GPA 14. I had had this going and running great for a bout a month when the Droid then did not boot up. I am unsure how to proceed so maybe a list of instructions of how to reset it is in order. I would like to get this back in working order somehow. Is there a thread that deals with this that a new member like me would not yet know about? Any help = apreesh.
    thanks.
  5. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

do a search for "unroot droid" or something along those lines. There are probably 5 different ways to return your phone to stock. I've done it a couple of times for warranty replacements and its really not that bad.

When you say that you can't boot into recovery, is your phone still working? If you can boot regularly, you should be able to boot into recovery. Power off phone, open keyboard and press and hold X, then press the power button, when the M logo shows up you can let go of X.

If that doesn't work you should check out the Tech Issues forum here, lots of people in there who know a lot more about this stuff than I do.
  6. AmukamraIsAGiant

AmukamraIsAGiant New Member

No, i cannot boot

Thanks for the fast reply - i came over from XDA since i wasn't getting a reply there. Plus i know Peter posts here but i'm sure (As you've indicated) that it doesn't require all that much intervention ;)
    I just don't know where i'm going from being stuck at the Droid's red-eye boot screen. I cannot get it to boot at all. I've removed battery many times, plugged in the charger before booting, taken the sd card out too. It goes from poer on to the moto logo, to the droid word (white logo), then to the red eye and does nothing else.
    I will search some in the tech area, thanks man.

7. gsdreams

gsdreams New Member

Go into SD Card in settings and format the SD card, then go to settings and Privacy and do a factory reset. Any files needed for the OS will automatically be recreated.
  8. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Search tags for this page
clearing out droid incredible for resale
dna droid resale

droid x resale

erase a droid for resale
how to erase a droid x for resale
how to reset a droid for resale
how to wipe a droid x2 for resale
motorola droid bionic resale price

motorola droid resale value