Prepare phone for sale

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Sweet Kitten Feet, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

What would I need to do get my phone ready to sell? Factory reset and reformat the card?
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Yep that is all you should need to do if you haven't rooted or anything. I would suggest formatting the sd card from the phone rather than a computer. I have found there to be less issues down the road that way. And obviously make sure it's deactivated...:biggrin:
  3. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

What if you're rooted though? I wouldn't mind knowing that as I have a rooted OG that I'll be putting up for sale, as a matter of fact. :)
  4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Just SBF it in RSD lite. It removes superuser, custom recovery and puts the phone in its fresh out of the box state. You can also factory reset after if you'd like. Still be sure to wipe the SD card because SBF doesn't touch it.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
  5. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

SBF = ?
    RSD = ?

Sorry that I need clarification. And thanks!
  6. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Sorry. SBF is a file used to put the phone on a certain OS. It also wipes the phone clean of any apps, ect. It's like getting a brand new phone that requires set up and activation. I would post a link to it, but that is not allowed on this forum. Just google search "Droid 1 2.2.2 SBF" (also known as FRG83G SBF). Make sure you get the SBF file and not the flashable zip file.

RSD lite is the program you will need to download to your PC (it's free). You will need to make sure you use 4.9 or higher if I remember correctly and ensure that you have the Moto drivers installed. You will then need to power the phone off and then hold up and power. This should send you into the bootloader. You will then hook the phone up into your PC (with RSD lite open) and it should see your phone. You will then click the "..." and browse to the SBF file you downloaded. You then click start and let it do it's thing.

If this is not clear, there are plenty of guides online about how to SBF.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
Search tags for this page
get droid x ready to sell
how do i get my droid bionic ready for sale
how to prep motorola bionic for selling

how to prepare your droid bionic for sale

prep android phone for sale
prep droid for resale

rebot droid x2 to sell

resell droid bionic
reset droid bionic for sale