Premium Membership Option

StupidGenius

Reaction score
OR maybe a section with ONLY links to the ROMS and "How to" guides to get to them faster without having to search forever to find them for supporting members.

Maybe something like that could happen

I second this. This would be well worth a mere $18 a year to me.

Topsy

Reaction score
I find great irony in the fact that all users were told to remove donation buttons from here, then they start selling premium services to the same community.

I feel like a kid again....being told not do as they do.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I find great irony in the fact that all users were told to remove donation buttons from here, then they start selling premium services to the same community.

Not true donation links are in fact allowed. We had a little problem before with member(s) who were actively soliciting members via PM and linking their donation buttons.

So in order to not subject you all to that we had to take them down and go over the guidelines with those that had/have them.

So yes we do allow active legitimate developers to have donate buttons.

Edit : Also selling products here requires you to be a supporting vendor

Miami Edit end :

Reaction score
When I first saw the message I deleted it and thought "no way am I paying", but the more I thought about it I realized I NEED to support this site just as I have supported devs through donations. If you did as I and now want to join you can go into the user cp and go down to "paid subscriptions" towards the bottom. Thank you droidforums.net for being an invaluable tool, well worth $17.99/year.

Topsy

Reaction score

Not true donation links are in fact allowed. We had a little problem before with member(s) who were actively soliciting members via PM and linking their donation buttons.

So in order to not subject you all to that we had to take them down and go over the guidelines with those that had/have them.

So yes we do allow active legitimate developers to have donate buttons.

Edit : Also selling products here requires you to be a supporting vendor

Miami Edit end :

I wasn't aware of that, i do agree soliciting is a whole different scenario.
I was under the impression just having the donation button wasn't allowed anymore.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wasn't aware of that, i do agree soliciting is a whole different scenario.
I was under the impression just having the donation button wasn't allowed anymore.
We are all here to support one another : )

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm all for people being supported for their efforts by the community.

And i apologize for the misunderstanding.

no biggie dude. you cleared up some sentiments that im sure other people had too.. all is well ;)

devildog9999

Reaction score
As you can see, this is my very 1st post here, but I felt that the 18 dollars was more than worth the wealth of information I have essentially lurked away! lol! I am one of those who lurks for sometimes months before actually joining, or contributing to any forum, and I have to say that this one is a keeper. Good Job guys, hope to be of assistance some day to other newer Droid users.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
As you can see, this is my very 1st post here, but I felt that the 18 dollars was more than worth the wealth of information I have essentially lurked away! lol! I am one of those who lurks for sometimes months before actually joining, or contributing to any forum, and I have to say that this one is a keeper. Good Job guys, hope to be of assistance some day to other newer Droid users.

Thats exactly how I felt. I registered and just kind of posted stuff here and there for awhile. Now I can't seem to stop posting :D

devildog9999

Reaction score

Thats exactly how I felt. I registered and just kind of posted stuff here and there for awhile. Now I can't seem to stop posting :D

Yeah, I know right! I am a recovering WinMo guy, so the entire android experience is still new to me. Been busting ass reading and reading, got an ubuntu box up and running, and am now well on my way to becoming an Android Jedi. After 20+ years in Windows IT, linux is a whole new animal to learn, but this old dog can still learn.