preloaded apps question

jorbaud

Reaction score
I was wondering which of the preloaded apps costed money to use. All I know of is vz navigator. Are there any other ones?

leobg

Reaction score
Does 3g hotshot cost money to use?

This is very much operator dependant. If your operator is Verizon - yes - it costs you $20 per month for 2GB of tethered data:)
If it is not Verizon, then it depends on your plan/operator. If tethering is included in your plan - then it won't cost you.
For example I use it on Rogers in Canada. Thethering is included in my plan and I can use 3G hotspot app without incurring any additional charges. Of course it uses data from my data bucket. If you go over, you will get charged - no doubt.

tebower

Reaction score
Evidently VZ Nav has a free option. I clicked through, and only the turn by turn nav had the rates we are used to. Just viewing maps through it said "Free." So I clicked that, and it still sucked. The maps were Bing and I threw up a little.

leobg

Reaction score
Evidently VZ Nav has a free option. I clicked through, and only the turn by turn nav had the rates we are used to. Just viewing maps through it said "Free." So I clicked that, and it still sucked. The maps were Bing and I threw up a little.

I would recommend you one of the many navigation apps from market, not to mention the always free Google Maps Navigation. If you need offline based navi - market has you covered with few offline navigation apps you can use that will come cheaper in the long run compared to the monthly fee based VZ navigator.