Preliminary Benchmarks Appear for the Intel-Powered Motorola RAZR i Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
razr-i-benchmarks.png

The LG Optimus G wasn't the only device that was benchmarked recently. The folks at Engadget got hold of Motorola's new Intel-Powered RAZR i smartphone and pitted it against the Droid RAZR M and the ZTE Grand X IN (this is another Intel-based smartphone sold in Europe). The results were pretty respectable. For the most part the Droid RAZR M takes the lead, but only by a small margin. The new RAZR i seems to hold its own pretty well. There was one benchmark where the RAZR i crushed the Droid RAZR M, and that was the SunSpider 0.9.1 (ms) benchmark.

It shouldn't actually come as a surprise because Intel has specifically been focusing on improving performance in that area on their hardware. Still, the results are impressive. The RAZR i scores almost twice as fast as the RAZR M in that benchmark. It's important to note that Intel purposefully made it clear that this is not a finalized version of the phone, and that further optimizations will be made before its official launch.

Sidenote: It looks like Motorola and Intel were wise in the way they named the new phone. They put the "i" at the end. If they had done it differently, perhaps gone with "iRAZR," then we might have seen a new patent war emerge... ;)

Source: Engadget

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I forgot, is the Intel CPU a single or dual core?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I forgot, is the Intel CPU a single or dual core?

single core. and as for a new patent war, I wouldn't be surprised if apple tried anyways saying the lowercase i was their idea and that it might cause confusion among consumers as to whether or not apple made the razr i.... even though the razer.... nvm you get it.