Predictive Typing Question

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I know how to add and delete special words like medical terms, by long pressing.
But, I'm trying to delete a string of words.
I never type my name followed by "of of", nor my name followed buy my city, state and my name again twice.

I've tried the long press, but that just adds the string of 3-6 words. And, these strings are not listed on my personal dictionary, so I don't think deleting my personal dictionary will be a solution. I hate to lose all I've added to my personal dictionary only to find this is correct.

If anyone has had this problem, and solved it successfully, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I know how to add and delete special words like medical terms, by long pressing.
But, I'm trying to delete a string of words.
I never type my name followed by "of of", nor my name followed buy my city, state and my name again twice.

I've tried the long press, but that just adds the string of 3-6 words. And, these strings are not listed on my personal dictionary, so I don't think deleting my personal dictionary will be a solution. I hate to lose all I've added to my personal dictionary only to find this is correct.

If anyone has had this problem, and solved it successfully, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.
Try going to Google on the web, click on the 3 dots in the top right, settings, go to the bottom, Advanced, scroll down to Spell check, custom spelling. Should have all your words there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Soccerref12

Reaction score
What keyboard are you using? If you use Gboard, when the unwanted predictive text pops up on the left, you can long press it and move it to the trash can to remove it.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
What keyboard are you using? If you use Gboard, when the unwanted predictive text pops up on the left, you can long press it and move it to the trash can to remove it.

I'm using Swype and that's how it works with a single word, but won't with multiple word strings.
I may switch over and try and then back.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
if swype is in your app list in settings, you can clear data to remove all words you added.
That's the quandary. I only want to remove a few strings a multiple words. All of the medical terminology I've added, I don't want to lose.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Try going to Google on the web, click on the 3 dots in the top right, settings, go to the bottom, Advanced, scroll down to Spell check, custom spelling. Should have all your words there.

I can't locate Spell Check under settings-->Advance

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't locate Spell Check under settings-->Advance

That may only store custom dictionary words if you were using the Google GBoard Keyboard. If you are using Swype I don't believe that syncs to your Google account

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
That may only store custom dictionary words if you were using the Google GBoard Keyboard. If you are using Swype I don't believe that syncs to your Google account

That makes sense. It's not a life and death thing. Just trying to have a perfect world thing .