Pre Rooted Gingerbread

Timster

Reaction score
Great thread! Thank you MikeJ92YJ for the great info. I have installed the Pre-rooted Gingerbread on my X2 with ease thanks to this thread. All is well except one big problem. My wireless tether does not work correctly. I have researched and I have found that some people....not all are having wireless tether issues as I am. I have tried to install the THB_DX_Tether Patch 1.0 using DroidX2 recovery but I get an error. (E:Error in /sdcard/THB_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip (status 0)). Installation aborted.

I have re-downloaded this path from a few different locations to rule out bad download. What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas?

:)

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Great thread! Thank you MikeJ92YJ for the great info. I have installed the Pre-rooted Gingerbread on my X2 with ease thanks to this thread. All is well except one big problem. My wireless tether does not work correctly. I have researched and I have found that some people....not all are having wireless tether issues as I am. I have tried to install the THB_DX_Tether Patch 1.0 using DroidX2 recovery but I get an error. (E:Error in /sdcard/THB_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip (status 0)). Installation aborted.

I have re-downloaded this path from a few different locations to rule out bad download. What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas?

:)

Status 0, It's Possible To Try And Take The update-binary From Your ROM And Overwrite The One In Your Zip File.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Market

I just been having such bad luck with this phone.

Can someone with working prerooted gingerbread please send me the vending.apk. I looked though the install all I can find is the vending.apk.p so im really not having any luck. I must have sbf'd 5-6 times yesterday. I got it the closest I can to all working now and I have no working market. I tried everyone I had from other phone saves I tried d/'ling every rom for the dx2 and I get nowhere at all.

simply2pos

Reaction score
Been running the prerooted GB for almost a week now, no problems. Yesterday I decided to use google maps and navagation and they both force close. anyone else having this issue or know how to go about fixing it?

Reaction score
Been running the prerooted GB for almost a week now, no problems. Yesterday I decided to use google maps and navagation and they both force close. anyone else having this issue or know how to go about fixing it?

Have you frozen apps on it? If you did and you froze TTS service then that is what your problem is. TTS service is listed as safe to freeze and it is not.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I just been having such bad luck with this phone.

Can someone with working prerooted gingerbread please send me the vending.apk. I looked though the install all I can find is the vending.apk.p so im really not having any luck. I must have sbf'd 5-6 times yesterday. I got it the closest I can to all working now and I have no working market. I tried everyone I had from other phone saves I tried d/'ling every rom for the dx2 and I get nowhere at all.

Here Ya Go Boss.

Attachments

• Vending.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 140

Timster

Reaction score
Status 0, It's Possible To Try And Take The update-binary From Your ROM And Overwrite The One In Your Zip File.

Hmmm... Can you explain a little clearer what you mean? "the update-binary on my rom"??? I have cleared cache and factory reset and the tether patch gives the same error. I still can not get wifi tether to work in the pre-rooted Gingerbread. Thanks...

:smile:

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Hmmm... Can you explain a little clearer what you mean? "the update-binary on my rom"??? I have cleared cache and factory reset and the tether patch gives the same error. I still can not get wifi tether to work in the pre-rooted Gingerbread. Thanks...

:smile:

You Don't Even Need To Unzip, Just Drag And Drop Inside The Folder Overwriting And It Will Stay Signed.

Attachments

• update-binary2.jpg
    update-binary2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 271